Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 24-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #41
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

Corrrr love them landing gears... Think the bells could do with a bit weathering tho...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official website:

DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #42
Chas Cheese
Waste Technician

Default Best Wiggeting ever..

Best wiggeting ever!
Chas Cheese is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
B.P. Taylor
Computer Technician

Darkview, the aluminum bells seen in the images were ones acquired from Paul Gray. I've since replaced them with painted resin copies and airbrushed a bit of scorching which definitely looks much better. Overall, I'm pleased with the way the Ranger looks now but feel it might benefit from some 'heavier' weathering considering the fact that it was intended as a planetary survey vehicle...
BP
B.P. Taylor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #44
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

The ranger really looks like its from the Space 1999 universe - perhaps an American private company design - really lovely and superb modelling old chap!
T.F.U. is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #45
rocketman
Weapons Technician

Love the Ranger, that's an awesome design and the paint finish is something else.

Quick trivia question for all of you. Many many years ago when I was a nipper I remember someone appearing on Blue Peter with a frigging humongous home made Spaceship model, it must have been 15 feet long and scaled to 1/144 ( the guy who made it showed the airfix Saturn V pilots to demonstrate scale) Was that martin in his younger days I wonder? To show how old Peter Purves was doing the article!

K
rocketman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #46
KevinD
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
Love the Ranger, that's an awesome design and the paint finish is something else.

Quick trivia question for all of you. Many many years ago when I was a nipper I remember someone appearing on Blue Peter with a frigging humongous home made Spaceship model, it must have been 15 feet long and scaled to 1/144 ( the guy who made it showed the airfix Saturn V pilots to demonstrate scale) Was that martin in his younger days I wonder? To show how old Peter Purves was doing the article!

K
I think I remember that. One of the spacecraft was made from the front cowling of an upright vacuum cleaner and panels were made by putting paper labels on it before painting.
KevinD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #47
pfleming@jbt.co.uk
Communications Officer

Default Very impressive.....

Both ships are so very impressive: if you built the Ranger from scratch then you have really excelled, because the finish and the final paint job both appear to be flawless. You and other ETF members set the bar when it comes to workmanship, and that's a good thing because it pushes us mere mortals on a wee bit ("no, I WILL spend a bit longer sanding that bit down, or I WILL unpick what I've already done just to improve things a bit").

Well done and don't dare drop the Ranger!

Kindest regards

Patrick
pfleming@jbt.co.uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
skiffy
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I think I remember that. One of the spacecraft was made from the front cowling of an upright vacuum cleaner and panels were made by putting paper labels on it before painting.
I remember that interview fondly. It's one of the influences that got me scratchbuilding back in the day. The kid said (IIRC) that he thought massive structures like his would be built in space, using zero g to manipulate concrete! Very bright and articulate kid - whoever he was!

Awesome build and paint/finishing job BP!
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #49
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Ranger 5 is gorgeous, very nice lines, detail and colour. Could maybe do with some subtle weathering, but what a prized possession. Top work there
forza27 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #50
B.P. Taylor
Computer Technician

I can definitely see your point about the lack of weathering. It will stay as it is for now, but at some point I would like to slather it with some 'poo juice,' to use mung's descriptive phrase for his method of weathering. I've also seen images on Martin Bower's website where he smothers a model in powder paint and wipes away the excess before sealing everything with a clear lacquer. Either method would probably improve the Ranger...

BP
B.P. Taylor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #51
matteline
Life Support Technician

There's something about Martin Bower's stuff that always looks solid. Like there is a working, functional interior to the ships! Superb.
matteline is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote