&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #61
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
LOL LOL LOL Chris,

Ever type something and hit "send" only to later read it back and think "Oh Sh*t!"

Seriously though, it's just because every project I start recently I find Knight1996 already has one the same "on the go" and his are always many times larger! If I decided to build a one-to-one scale Eagle it would be no surprise to me to discover he already had a one-to-one Alpha Moonbase partly constructed in some secret location somewhere just ready to out-do me

Slate

B@#!*@ks you discovered the moonbase!!! how? I never said a word, don't repeat anything they'll all want to visit (pics soon)

Last edited by Knight1966; 08-05-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Fun
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #62
Spacecraft Guy
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-SFX View Post
Phil's is the more accurate of the three. The middle one repeats the error of making the forward fuselage fatter than the rest and the nose cone on the bottom one is too wide at the base.
I went through what I had available that depicted the thinner style lettering on TB-1, and that I could scan without damaging the books that the blueprints were in.

The one in the middle was from the box of a small scale Bandai die-cast of TB-1 - I've compared it to the Electronic Matchbox TB-1 (which was a rebranding of a Bandai model, I feel sure) and the details match up. I included it because I thought it might be of interest -I haven't seen it posted elsewhere. If anyone has mode details about it, please post them.

The bottom one was from a Japanese "Best Book" from 1992.

If anyone is interested in the full article that accompanied Phil's blueprints, let me know and I'll scan the rest of it. It basically is an article about building a model carving the parts out of wood - instead of using them as masters to vacuform or make molds to cast fiberglass shells, the author glued the wood parts together. He added some plexiglass parts, sealed the whole thing up with a lot of primer and had custom made dry-transfer decals printed up. Dave Sisson's TB-1 tutorial on his site is probably more useful.
Spacecraft Guy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #63
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Been a long time since I posted in this thread, but after having this TB1 sat on the "almost finished" shelf for over 18 months I finally bit the bullet and finished it off. I had been awaiting on getting the correct "Thunderbird" font lettering made up professionally but every option I looked into wasn't cost effective enough to warrant doing so on such a small scale model. In the end I used the decals that came with the kit. A few photos attached. I didn't really apply much weathering to this and nothing looked right. The MIG powders I used on my Thunderbird Three model just didn't look correct on this one.

Slate

Last edited by Slate Mcleod; 04-05-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #64
HUNCH
Communications Officer

Its been a week Slate. Tell me, have the TB's fallen off the engine or is that just MY luck?
Now if Someone can tell me how to make 'em stick again?
Jim
HUNCH is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #65
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNCH View Post
Its been a week Slate. Tell me, have the TB's fallen off the engine or is that just MY luck?
Now if Someone can tell me how to make 'em stick again?
Jim
Mine has been fine Jim, but I did seal all the decals in with a satin clear coat. If you sealed them they really shouldn't come off...ever (!) To make them stick again i would try a little PVA glue perhaps diluted with water. You only need to get them in position again so you can add a clear coat then they should be fine.

Slate
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #66
Jeffrey schroder
Chef

Very nice model! Hope to build mine this year
Jeffrey schroder is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #67
krakajac
Alphan

As above. Really enjoy reading these types of build threads - thanks for going to the effort.
krakajac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote