Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
Benjy
Alphan

Default Hello from West Yorkshire

Afternoon all.

I found this forum a little while ago when looking into the model shots from the latest series of "Red Dwarf", and have been browsing like mad on here since. Terrific forum, and nice to know that I'm not the only person who is a) obsessed with old Gerry Anderson shows, and more crucially b) plays 'spot the Airfix footbridge kit part in the set' whilst watching old British scifi shows, to my wife's annoyance

I've been into model-making since I was a little'un in the 80's, making an Airfix A-10 tankbuster kit with my Dad, and have been building stuff ever since. Not terribly well, I hasten to admit; I do model building around the needs of the various day jobs and real life, which tends to mean stuff built for a specific purpose, and quickly. I have spent several years making models to use as elements of photography projects, either for recreation or occasionaly for pics which end up being shown in exhibitions or done as commission (hence the qualities of the models don't always tend to need to be brilliant, if they're just appearing as background set-dressing). The last notable piece being a series of concept photomontages for a planned (and unfortunately abandoned) project for a Steampunk alternative-universe version of Saltaire, West Yorkshire, down the road from where I live. The four or five shots featured a mix of real location pics, real people in costume, and custom built miniatures cobbled together from old toys, model kits, packaging materials etc (happily the pics have sold a few times at exhibition, I'm told the buyer of one featuring Salts Mill and a steam monorail was bought by a chap who owns some Hockney works, which amused me).

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can pop some links to my blog and folio site; I've not had time to update them for a while because the last six months have been very busy with work. Looking forward to spending time on this forum though, looking at the great models which people on here build; if I cannot get time to make anything myself at the moment, browsing around on here seeing other people building spaceships is the next best thing

Ben
Benjy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
pfleming@jbt.co.uk
Communications Officer

Default Hi Ben

Nice to hear from you Ben. There are many many decent folk on the ETF who share your passion. Hope this will be the first of many visits.

Kindest regards

Patrick
pfleming@jbt.co.uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default Greetings from California!

Wherever in the world we all are, we share "Andersonian" as our common language. You'll fit right in - pls come again, and come often!
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
eagle3
Astrophysics Technician

Greetings Ben, and Welcome. you will find very interesting models here. as well as a lot of GREAT people. were all modelers in one form or another on this site and from the sounds of it you will be right at home here with us.
eagle3 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote