Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #81
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Default CR, I absolutely agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Oh, sure, throw that pic in my face!

That's still one of the coolest matte paintings they used in Series 1, but I wonder, wouldn't the people be too tall for the door (if we could see the door)?
Saaaay... maybe that's where the 1/76 designation for the 12" model came from. The doors really do only come up to a person's neck!

edited to add:
I should say matte photos, rather than paintings, since there was a photo of the Eagle from that same angle. I saw it posted osomewhere on The Catacombs website.
It is a masterpiece scene(used only in both "Another Time, Another Place" and "Testament Of Arkadia") that should have been done more often in Season#1.
It would have been nice to see at all in Season#2.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #82
shornak
Medical Technician

I merged the 2 pictures of the full size scene from Another Time, Another Place. The scene opens showing the command module then the camera pans to the left.

It didn't match up perfectly but here you go.

shornak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #83
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shornak View Post
I merged the 2 pictures of the full size scene from Another Time, Another Place. The scene opens showing the command module then the camera pans to the left.

It didn't match up perfectly but here you go.
You did a good job, I like the wide screen of getting the full view of the Eagle from "Another Time, Another Place" and "Testament Of Arkadia".
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #84
Duey
Astrophysics Technician

So 1/96 scale is right scale to the AMT 12" kit?
Duey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #85
shornak
Medical Technician

That's about the size I thought it was. Back in the 70's when I had the AMT model I built the Moonbase model and the little people that came with the Main Mission part of the model I always thought they were in scale with the Eagle model. Assuming the main entrance to the side of the Eagle was 6' I measured the Eagle to be 102' long. I believe 96' is more accurate. I never bought on the Eagle being only 72' long.
shornak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 19-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #86
spallen
Chef

Default 1/96 and 1/100 scales

A newbie chiming in here to note that 1/96 and 1/100 scales are both very popular with R/C ship models, figures and fittings for which are available in relative abundance.
spallen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #87
CR
Science Officer

I forgot to mention that I found out where that silver 1/96 scale astronaut came from. It's kit No. 1 in the 'plastic color model' Space Ship Series by Aoshima from Japan: Apollo Command Module + Lunar Module. It includes two astronauts, and the pair of craft can be docked together and displayed above a nice low-relief sculptured display stand of the moon's nearside face. (That would make a nice display stand for a PE12, if it were weighted in some way...) It was re-released last year or so, along with two others in that series. (Kit No. 2 was a 1/400 scale Apollo Saturn V with launch tower, and includes a bonus of kit No. 1's 1/96 scale Lunar Module with two astronauts, while kit No. 3 was a larger version of the Lunar Module, I think 1/48 scale, but I've forgotten.)

The models were available through Squadron Mail Order in the US, and I believe Hobby Link Japan may still have some, but the re-releases look like they've already been discontinued. Local shops around the world may still have some in stock. Be warned, though, they were a tad expensive even on sale, around $35-45 US.

Assuming that the PE12 Eagles are 1/96 scale, the 1/96 scale Lunar Module makes for a nice display piece alongside... sort of a 'then and now' display of spacecraft called 'Eagle.' (By the way, the LM was SMALL, but it did the job!)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #88
The Voice of Voyager One
Travel Tube Technician

So, there seems to be a school of thought that the length of an Eagle is about 100 feet (30 meters, 48 centimeters), give or take a few feet?

If this is the case, how tall are the Eagles we see being hoisted on the moonbase launch pads?
The Voice of Voyager One is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #89
sleb
Alphan

Just wanted to add, I use 15mm figures in gaming and now in 2014 they are approximately 18-20mm to top of head. Makes them in scale with the PE/ rerelease of the MPC Eagle.
sleb is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote