Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Control Room

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 15-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #81
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

No rant - wisdom. Something in far-too-short supply these days. (And you've got that from a baby-boomer...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
Yes, I find it odd too, that they try constantly to sanitize anything, that might have a child audience. Personally, I think it's an insult to kids they treat them as if they are stupid, yet all around we have news reports showing incredible amounts of violence, Wars, crime, etc.

And my biggest bug bare of all, if all this non violence in programing/life etc works, how come we have the most violence ever from young people. I mean did you ever hear of children killing adults when we were kids? I don't mean to put a downer on young people by the way, 99.9% of them are great, it just seems that the ones that do go off the rails these days, do it in a far worse way than in the past

Grumpy old man rant over
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #82
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshewsd2 View Post
Hmm...retractable arms, or ease of packaging?

Or, perhaps, a different spin on patty-cake, patty-cake...wonder what happens at the end?
Klingon marital aid.

One thing about the classic Thunderbirds - it showed kids that the world can be a dangerous place but if you were smart and brave you can win the day. The Tracys put their lives on the line to help complete strangers, while they did have a technological edge most of time time the most important thing was courage.
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #83
barrie
Weapons Technician

Default help with drawings or blueprints

hi everyone,
can anyone help an old model maker out and post some good drawings or blueprints of the new thunderbrird craft I am so eager to cut and stick plastic together to form one of these great new generation craft.
I am old enought to say I was there when the series first aired on tv way back in 1965 YES that long ago.....can any one help this old model man PLEASE.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
barrie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #84
wander1107
Waste Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
I truly think that the reason most of us are writing this off without even giving it a chance...is ...because in our hearts it doesn't deserve a chance. We will all watch it with much hope, but like that terrible Frakes movie it will be a disaster. There...I have said it. I really hope I am wrong. I would love to say "what a fabulous new series !" but I know I won't. The only single thing I am interested in is the model shots. The CGI characters make me want to throw up. I'm old school.....forgive me.
Well said. I feel exactly the same way. All of the Tracy boys are now teenagers. Scott Tracy was a decorated US Air Force pilot. All of them even, the youngest "Alan" graduated college. This new version looks like it's targeted to the Star Wars The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels audience. Now that may be a bad thing, but in my heart I have a expectation of what International Rescue is and who the Tracy family are.
wander1107 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #85
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrie View Post
hi everyone,
can anyone help an old model maker out and post some good drawings or blueprints of the new thunderbrird craft I am so eager to cut and stick plastic together to form one of these great new generation craft.
I am old enought to say I was there when the series first aired on tv way back in 1965 YES that long ago.....can any one help this old model man PLEASE.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
Not a whole lot of good information out there yet about the new craft- there have been some links posted with some images, but a lot of things we are still learning about. It was suspected that TB-2's wings would move or fold, but it was not into the toy pictures came out we had this confirmed.
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 19-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #86
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer

Default At The Head Of Their Class...

Points well taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wander1107 View Post
Well said. I feel exactly the same way. All of the Tracy boys are now teenagers. Scott Tracy was a decorated US Air Force pilot. All of them even, the youngest "Alan" graduated college. This new version looks like it's targeted to the Star Wars The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels audience. Now that may be a bad thing, but in my heart I have a expectation of what International Rescue is and who the Tracy family are.
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #87
barrie
Weapons Technician

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Baker View Post
Not a whole lot of good information out there yet about the new craft- there have been some links posted with some images, but a lot of things we are still learning about. It was suspected that TB-2's wings would move or fold, but it was not into the toy pictures came out we had this confirmed.
Thank you Richard I guess I will have to just grow a little older before I can scratchbuild one of the new craft.

regards Barrie ( the now getting even older guy )
barrie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 02:12 AM   #88
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wander1107 View Post

Are they teenagers though? I can't make my mind up as it's not easy to determine how old the original puppets were supposed to be and compare them to these CGI versions - and Scott at least doesn't look like a teenager in this does he?
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #89
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Just seen a advert on tv with the new
Thunderbird 2

Oh my god
It looks like a load of lego
The side engine booms the intakes
Are square

Gone are the sleek
Original intakes

In fact to me it looked more like
A transformer

Don't know what else to add
seaview is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #90
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

yawn.............
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-02-2015, 01:03 AM   #91
Workshop Artist
Astrophysics Technician

I am very serious about it,I believe it is long overdue that we at Eagle
Transporter should form and create our own independent production
company or team to create the real good stuff and quality that the fans
really want,without Hollywood to mess it up.
Workshop Artist is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote