Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 09-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
Daver
Alphan

Default Miniature Effects for short film "Turning Tide"

Hi Everyone,

My name is David Ross and I'm a model maker and special effects artist based in London. I'm a huge fan of Derek Meddings and his work was probably the main factor that inspired me to do what I'm doing today. When I was 18 I made a film called “2055: A Voyage to Mars”, which was dedicated to him (I posted it on this forum back then, you can find it on youtube!), and a couple of years ago we brought back his fantastic 'barrel earth' technique for a short sci-fi film called “Orbit Ever After,” which got nominated for a Bafta!

I'd like to share my latest project with you, a short film set in World War 2 called 'Turning Tide,' which follows a young boy as he discovers a mysterious bomber pilot washed up on the Scottish coast.

So far, we have completed principal photography and have all of the live action elements of the film in place, but the last remaining piece of the jigsaw is is a large aerial battle involving German bombers and RAF spitfires, culminating in the dramatic crash of a bomber into the water. To bring this complex sequence to life, we're going to employ practical special effects techniques involving miniatures and pyrotechnics, filmed out doors in real environments. The Derek Meddings way.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/turning-tide

We are currently running a Kickstarter campaign for the film, to help fund this ambitious sequence as well as the rest of the post production process. We've managed to bring the film this far with our own money, but now need outside financial help to finish it! If you were able to offer any support at all, no matter how large or small, it would be immensely appreciated. We have a list of Kickstarter backer rewards which are all listed on the page. Even if you don't have the funds to donate yourself, Just sharing this page on your own Facebook profiles would help us massively with promotion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...9/turning-tide

Thank you so much, all the best. David Ross
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kickstarter Project image.jpg (74.1 KB, 10 views)
Daver is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
B.P. Taylor
Computer Technician

This may sound ridiculous, but have you thought about utilizing camera mounted drones and large scale RC aircraft? I did warn you it might sound ridiculous...
BP
B.P. Taylor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
Daver
Alphan

Not ridiculous at all BP! That could give some fantastic results, but we're looking to get a fair bit of control over the shots, so we'll be going for techniques that allow us that.

Thanks for checking out our project!
Dave
Daver is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Good Luck with this Dave-looks great
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote