Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 10-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #21
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

Looks great....can't wait to see the metal bells etc...
DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #22
Scifitodd
Forum Supporter

Here are a few words from Jamie Hood of Round2 Models, this may answer some of your questions.

Round 2 Models: Wonderfest 2015 Space:1999 Eagle Announcement
posted by JamieH 10:58 AM
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
This year’s Wonderfest will be one to remember for me I’m sure. It may rival the shows where we announced or showed our 1:350 scale TOS U.S.S. Enterprise. The trip was fun all around. Instead of doing one long post about the show, I’m going to split up some topics through a few posts and I’ll put them up over the next few weeks. (no… really… I mean it this time. I’ve already written them. I just need to “publish” them…) I’ll cover the “big news” in this one.
I think most attendees were (happily) surprised to see the main attraction at our booth this year was a mockup of our upcoming Space:1999 Eagle Transporter. It’s a bit shy of 22” long and is based on the 44” filming miniature. Our team of consultants on the kit is comprised of Jim Small, Daniel Prud’homme who supplied the CAD model and Chris Trice. The model features spring-loaded landing gear and comes injected in white and gray with clear windows. The only interior details will be the pilot figures with a back wall in the nosecone. The retail price is targeted at about $100, but that will vary by retailer. I understand some have already started taking preorders. I’ll post more pics of the mockup later on.
One other thing to mention… Some people get confused when they see “subject to licensor review” like they saw on the little sign next to the mockup. In some cases, we put that statement on there voluntarily and sometimes it is required by the licensor. The true meaning of that can vary, but it essentially means what it says. The licensor has the right to review the product and can ask for changes from what you see. It has nothing to do with “permission” to make a product. The licensor is aware that it is being developed, and the rights to manufacture it have already been resolved through the licensing agreement. In an ideal world, the licensor would have had a chance to review it before we put it on display, but in this particular case the mockup arrived on my desk about a week before the show. Since I was busy prepping for that I never had time to properly photograph it to send to the licensor for their approval of it.
- See more at: http://www.collectormodel.com/#sthash.Z7uvKqSZ.dpuf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scifitodd is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #23
Metropolis Games
Alphan

Default Re: UK suppliers of 1/48 kit

I too live in the central belt, who is it that was going to stock the kit Patrick?

Many thanks,
Ron

1st post by the way!
Metropolis Games is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #24
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I would imagine Wonderland in Edinburgh will stock them.

Otherwise Tony James at Time-less Hobbies (formerly Comet Miniatures)

http://www.****************.com/

Keith

Sorry, but I forgot this site does not allow a link to that site! If you Google it you will get it.
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #25
Eaglelover
Computer Technician

Nice price on the bells and struts, definitely will be springing for those!
Eaglelover is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
pfleming@jbt.co.uk
Communications Officer

Default The quest continues.....

Hi Metropolis Games, apologies for the delay in responding. No further forward on stockists - all gone quiet from initial contact, so tried another angle. The shop owner to whom I spoke will let me know when he hears anything - he reckoned it was going to be in the region of 120 - 130, but no release date as yet. The upgrade kit looks like it will cost more than the base model. Will be back in touch when I have more details,

Kindest regards

Patrick
pfleming@jbt.co.uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #27
simbret
Waste Technician

Forbidden Planet in the UK are taking pre-orders for the kit. Special price of 109.99 (Timeless Hobbies are five pence cheaper). On release, the kit looks as though it will be retailing at about 130.00 (according to Forbidden Planet).
simbret is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #28
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

If thats so don't even consider buying it from these rip-off merchants where you can get it for 50-60 from the US, which even adding postage and the chance of being caught by HM Customs and Excise blackmail squad will end up cheaper.
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote