Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 12-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
headcase
Astrophysics Technician

So, did the FabGear 44" Eagle ever make it to market? This thread kinda petered out and no one ever said if they actually bought one. Just curious.
headcase is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Not that I know of, 1612 (aka Product Enterprises) cancelled the project and cited the fact that too many people were building their own and they diminished the market (or something like that). How dare these people, shame on them for being so self resourceful.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #23
headcase
Astrophysics Technician

Being mainly a "real space" modeler, I can tell you that this same type of thing happens all the time in "our" little corner of the modeling world, too. No biggy - I was just curious, like I said.
headcase is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Communications Officer

1612 didn't produce one because Steve W couldn't find anybody willing to lend him a fully built 44" Eagle to get shipped to China and be mass produced. It was as simple as that in my opinion. Also I believe producing minimum quantities was also an issue.

The fact of the matter is that they didn't want to master a 44" pattern themselves, or pay for a professional model maker to do it for them, that would cost money. Remember, the 12" PE Eagle was based on the already available Warp kit, and the 23" PE/IR Eagle was based on the already available RU release. All they had to do both those cases was to build the respective kit, send it abroad, and get it produced.

Last edited by 29390; 13-09-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Love to have it, but the price...whew! A good used car for the same....
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #26
VoyagerOne
Hydroponics Technician

I pre-ordered it from Fab Gear back in June 2010 shortly after it was first announced. They've been promoting it on their web-site up until recently. Now I see it's no longer listed on their site. Fab Gear told me (October 2010) they'd confirmed and paid for the twenty they were getting, hoping that that would give 1612 the encouragement to proceed. After two years, it looks like that didn't happen. In March 2011 and 2012 I inquired with Fab Gear if there were any updates. Heard nothing back, which isn't the greatest of signs. I'll be e-mailing them again shortly requesting my prepaid pre-order be refunded. Hopefully they'll follow through with the refund.
VoyagerOne is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #27
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerOne View Post
I pre-ordered it from Fab Gear back in June 2010 shortly after it was first announced. They've been promoting it on their web-site up until recently. Now I see it's no longer listed on their site. Fab Gear told me (October 2010) they'd confirmed and paid for the twenty they were getting, hoping that that would give 1612 the encouragement to proceed. After two years, it looks like that didn't happen. In March 2011 and 2012 I inquired with Fab Gear if there were any updates. Heard nothing back, which isn't the greatest of signs. I'll be e-mailing them again shortly requesting my prepaid pre-order be refunded. Hopefully they'll follow through with the refund.
hello Voyager, any luck?

John
cerealkiller is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
VoyagerOne
Hydroponics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
hello Voyager, any luck?

John
I heard back from FAB Gear. He's going to follow up with 1612 and see where things were at. I got the impression there shouldn't be any problem in refunding my money if it looks like there will be no production run. I did ask him to keep my order active if it looked like there might be a limited run. Hope to know more soon.

Last edited by VoyagerOne; 16-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 16-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #29
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

All the dealings I have had with Rob at FABGear have been good ones. I am sure if you requested a refund you would get one promptly.

Be interested to hear what he has to say about 1612 though, please keep us posted.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #30
VoyagerOne
Hydroponics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
All the dealings I have had with Rob at FABGear have been good ones. I am sure if you requested a refund you would get one promptly.

Be interested to hear what he has to say about 1612 though, please keep us posted.
I've had great experiences dealing with Rob as well (23" Medical Eagle; 19" Mk IX Hawk; Year 1 and Year 2 Original Sountrack CDs). Will keep you folks posted.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #31
VoyagerOne
Hydroponics Technician

Well, after a little over three years, I thought I'd provide an update. Unfortunately, the news isn't good.

Mid-last year I was finally able to contact Sixteen 12 Collectibles (now Sixteen 12 Creative) and they informed me that the "44" Eagle never got any further than the "ideas" stage and certainly no payments were taken for item that didn't exist". This contradicted Fabgearusa's claim that he had confirmed and paid for the 20 he was getting. I informed Fabgearusa via e-mail that I was officially cancelling my prepaid pre-order and asked when I could expect a full refund. No reply was received from Fabgearusa, despite sending numerous e-mails to the proper e-mail addresses Fabgearusa provided as contact addresses. I've since taken to posting messages on Fabgearusa's Facebook page under Visitor Posts, again without receiving any replies. Instead, Fabgearusa just deletes my posts. I then re-post my messages that recap the issue and inquire as to when I can expect my refund. This delete/re-post cycle has been on-going nearly daily or weekly since late last September.

It seems Fabgearusa would rather ignore the issue and pretend it will go away. Considering the refund is valued at close to $2700 USD, there's no way I'm going to let this drop! If he can afford to continually bring in new items and post them on his store, he can afford to refund the money that I am owed.

It's a shame that Fabgearusa is behaving this way, really. Up until this issue occurred, I had had no problems with the service they had provided when I ordered my Space: 1999 Year One and Two soundtrack CDs, my 22" Eagle, and my 19" Mark IX Hawk. To treat a customer in this latest manner just befuddles me and is certainly a very poor business decision. I certainly would not trust placing an order with Fabgearusa again, nor would I recommend the company to anyone else.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #32
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Very bad news indeed! I've only used them once (many years ago) when I ordered the Gerry Anderson FireStorm DVD set, It arrived with me in the UK, within a week no problems So very sad this is what they have become. If it was me, and I was owed that sort of money, I would think-time to call the Police in! After all, it amounts to 'taking money under false pretences' at best and outright Fraud at worst! In the UK we have 'The sale of goods act' to protect buyers, however, with the advent of on-line shopping and international buying, I don't know how someone in my country would stand, let alone in another!

Best of luck with it, though,

Wayne
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote