Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 18-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
Eureka
Forum Supporter

Default Hello from Lancashire England

Hello my name is Paul, I live in the north west of England.

I am old enough to have watched Space 1999 on tv when I was a child.
A couple of my favourite toys when I was young were the Space 1999 eagles which I recently found when doing some clearing out in the loft.
They are quite play worn but I have already started to collect the various parts needed to restore them back to their glory days (maybe a little better).

I have been into radio control models since my younger days and went through a phase of racing at national level.
I had to give up the serious racing when the children came along and my radio control modelling interest moved toward 1/14 scale trucks and trailers.

I have recently taken up plastic kit building as the last time I built a plastic kit (apart from the rc truck bodies) was when I was a teenager. My current kit modelling interest is spaceships, with a few smaller star wars kits to get my hand back in with a few larger star trek enterprise & voyager that I plan to modify and illuminate.

When looking I came across the 22 inch eagle kit & knew that was the one I must build at some point.
Talking to my wife a few weeks back about xmas presents (she has just had major surgery so wanted to get it all sorted as its expected her recovery will take a unknown amount of time) & I mentioned the 22 inch eagle kit.

I have now got one sat in the loft which I am not allowed to touch till xmas but she also got me one of the 12 inch eagle kits by mpc to be going on with.
Eureka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Welcome - Happy Eagle building
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

Best of luck with your Eagles, you will probably find the 12 ich a lot more work than the 22 though, if you plan on making it anywhere near accurate.
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
Eureka
Forum Supporter

Thanks, I haven't done a lot of modelling apart from the rc trucks for a number of years so can see the first few models will probably show that.
Ive never owned a airbrush up till now as I have always managed to get by with spray cans so using the air brush is going to be a new experience altogether.
Eureka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
Planet3
Forum Supporter

Welcome Paul from another Paul in Staffordshire. Look forward to seeing some of your builds on on this site. I'm a bit older than you and discovered the Anderson universe with Supercar but nothing beats the Eagle and moon base alpha. Happy memories from the 70's!
Planet3 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
moonhugger
Forum Supporter

Hi Paul; I am in Warwickshire. Have a 22"; I have put mine in the loft as well, so not to distract from my 44" scratch build.

Good Luck
Julian