Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Im unsure of the scale to be honest.
Mike Delamar is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #923
pfleming@jbt.co.uk
Communications Officer

Default Hidden treasures....

Mike, just happened upon your thread and saw the pictures of your fire engines and the great man himself. You should be very proud of that whole episode - a man who inspired so many people, and one of those people whose hard work ended up in front of the originator - fantastic. And no, there's no way your work could ever look anything less than wonderful. Amazing how even support vehicles which only appeared in a few episodes inspire modellers to recreate them decades later.

A charming thread, and thanks for sharing.

Kindest regards,

Patrick
pfleming@jbt.co.uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #924
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

thanks very much Patrick
Old 03-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #925
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

I havent done any Thunderbirds modelling for a while, even though I regularly watch it with my 3 year old nephew and I am very much active with my railway modelling, exhibitiong around the country, with that, one thing I have been doing recently is CAD drawing, drawing up parts for model buildings such as windows etc. I am doing some now in perspex and thought have turned to using this technique to get a ladder for my yellow fire engine project as they are very hard to get hold of.
so Im planning in the future to measure my existing one and drawing it in CAD to get another one in perspex laser cut.that has been a major stumbling block, getting hold of the original parts.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #926
techno
Astrophysics Technician

Good Luck Mike! Hope Everything Turns out Alraight for You! Dan
techno is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #927
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Ive left it a while. But by now most of you will have seen the new Thunderbirds's 1965 episodes.
My Fire Engines feature in the Abominable snowman episode after some chassis tweaks by David Tremont. Which I was more than happy for him to do.

It was an honour to have them used and I went to the studio later to see the set up, after all the effort to source and identify the parts and build the replicas i though It was a great end to this particular build. Although I do plan to build some more models, such as the yellow fire engine, ive said this for a while now but life and work hasnt let me, but ive just bought a new home with a garage which could be used as a workshop so hopefully more builds will come before to long.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #928
nialle46
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Delamar View Post
Ive left it a while. But by now most of you will have seen the new Thunderbirds's 1965 episodes.
My Fire Engines feature in the Abominable snowman episode after some chassis tweaks by David Tremont. Which I was more than happy for him to do.

It was an honour to have them used and I went to the studio later to see the set up, after all the effort to source and identify the parts and build the replicas i though It was a great end to this particular build. Although I do plan to build some more models, such as the yellow fire engine, ive said this for a while now but life and work hasnt let me, but ive just bought a new home with a garage which could be used as a workshop so hopefully more builds will come before to long.

Hi Mike, great to see you back here, did you ever get to finish the Hood submarine and could you tell me the name of the plastic toy racing car used for the model, I've tried without success to find one, thanks Niall.
nialle46 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #929
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialle46 View Post
Hi Mike, great to see you back here, did you ever get to finish the Hood submarine and could you tell me the name of the plastic toy racing car used for the model, I've tried without success to find one, thanks Niall.
Hi, It didnt have a name on it, it wasnt correct anyway it was slightly too small there was a larger version. Probably about 10% bigger. Mine got sold it was a horrible plastic to work with, like a traffic cone, paint would never have stuck to it for long.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #930
Dave
Communications Officer

Brilliant Mike, it made all your efforts worth while to have your models actually used in a production of Thunderbirds! I did wonder if they were yours when I saw the episode.

I know what you mean about life and work taking priority. My workshop hasn't seen any model action for an age. Loads of started and yet unfinished projects. Need some inspiration I recon.

Nice to see you back on here by the way.

Last edited by Dave; 02-11-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Dave is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #931
Pro Mod
Forum Supporter

Mike, I was lucky enough to see your great models at the studio – must be a great feeling to know you've been part of such an amazing project!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #932
msw_1999
Chef

Mike - your pictures have dissapeared ! Can they be restored ?
msw_1999 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Tags
fire trucks, thunderbirds