Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #101
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Had to take all the supports off as they were a bit too long so I've cut them down and I've started sticking them back on. Bit of a pain but the bridge sections didn't look like they'd fit on the tanks otherwise. Hopefully they will now and then at last I can start putting the tanks on. Also got a new much needed tin of Halfords white primer.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #102
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Another tedious thing I've just had to do is sand and try to bring back details on the lower left tank. The reason is because I've bought three shuttle kits so far. When I say three I mean two complete unstarted kits and one which was basically a jumble of started bits in the box. I bought this trying to keep down costs as all the shuttle kits at the time on Ebay were at least 40 [ I wouldn't normally pay that for an old widely available kit but I just wanted to get on with things ].

So anyway as I've said the kit had been started and the various pipes etc had already been stuck on the tank so I had to take them all off. One real pain was when I took the main pipe off it also took off the 4 hooks which hold it. I managed to painstakingly get the hooks off the pipe and stick them back on the tank which involved a bit of swearing.

I was at one point just going to use one of the other tanks from the unstarted kit but having looked at the Wanderer photos I noticed the lower left tank had some of the grooves filled in anyway and some red stripes put on the area in question. Luckily I didn't have to fill that area in as when I broke the pieces off it left the area with a section of the various parts and all I had to do was just sand the area flat. So it worked out quite well in that respect though I'm still trying to get as much detail back that should be there as possible [ such as a few holes which I've used a pin to open the area up with ].

I've stuck one tank on successfully so when I've finished with this tank I'll obviously be putting that on too plus the other one.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote