Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 17-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #21
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Well if you do visit, let me know what you think of it. Also, make sure to take a camera to shoot some pictures of the newer aircraft on display. They have a B-1A and an RF-4 on display now and restoration work is progressing on the B-29 they have. You can also test your Alan Carter crashing skills (sorry, I meant Eagle piloting skills) on the shuttle landing simulator in the Clay Anderson exhibit.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #22
JJL567
Eagle Pilot

Very nice work indeed. Well done!

Jon
JJL567 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #23
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Very nice Jay. It deserves to be displayed.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #24
Garuda
Eagle Pilot

Very beautiful work indeed!!! I'm sure it will be admired a lot by many visitors to the museum. I wish I could go some day. I envy your sighting of the shuttle on top of the Boeing too. Wow.

You wrote that you exchanged the helmets on the Airfix astronauts... but you really exchanged the entire heads, I guess...
Garuda is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #25
Rdrunner
Eagle Pilot

Great work and display there, Jay
Rdrunner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 19-11-2007, 11:31 AM   #26
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

What a fine model! A masterpiece. Nice way to honour a local lad as well.

I've just been to the Museum's website... since I'm a space buff and also mad about Cold War bombers, it's definitely one for my long-planned 'aerospace nerd' tour of the USA.
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Come on over Dr Kane and you'll even see a Vulcan bomber on display. Offutt AFB had a small RAF contingent of these standing alert during the 1970s. Outside of the UK, I don't recall any place in the US that has a Vulcan on display (maybe Wright Patterson AFB, but not sure). To the south, about 6 hours down the road, one should also visit the Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson, Kansas for a really cool look at some actual space hardware.
Old 20-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #28
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

I hope I'll be able to take you up on that invitation one day, Jay.

There's a Vulcan in Atwater, CA, that's visible from the rail line heading north. I remember I sped past with my nose pressed against the window like some dumb kid. I'd obviously planned my trip poorly, because I didn't know the museum was there. I believe there's another Vulcan in Barksdale, LA.

I'm particularly interested in the B-36 you've got there, as well as the Goblin parasite fighter. No wonder '60s and '70s SF is filled with amazing craft when things like that were airborne for real.
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #29
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Well, the B-36 is a cool thing to see. It is undergoing a bit by bit restoration and it will probably take ten years to finish. But, it is too big to fit in the restoration hangar, so they have it on display next to the B-52. The Goblin parasite was restored a few years ago and it looks great though. The B-29 is in the restoration hangar right now, so it won't be long before it gets finished as I estimate it is about halfway done. The B-1A on display will eventually go onto a pylon in front of the museum, but they need to raise 2.5 million dollars to move it. So until then it sits inside and it looks good (even if it is painted in the wrong colors for a B-1A).

We also have a Block 1 Apollo capsule on display as well; Spacecraft 009, the first Apollo spacecraft ever flown in space on an unmanned test flight. Outside, there is also an Atlas missile on display. It is really a display Atlas as it features a wood frame inside to keep it from flopping over. But it looks just like the real thing externally.
Old 24-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #30
Terry35
Travel Tube Technician

simply excellent build, congrats, beautiful work.

Regards,

Terry Burke
Terry35 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #31
AceMartini
Communications Officer

I didn't make it there over the holiday....
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote