Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 29-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #121
Pad Technician
Hydroponics Technician

Default Side Booster kit for 12" Eagle - SAW - interest check

Depending on the MSRP $, there is a good chance I'd be interested in a set of boosters. Anybodies know how much?
Pad Technician is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #122
ostrein
Communications Officer

Pad Technician,

that's exactly the problem! We have not found anyone who can do them again. Unfortunately we could not convince the master of resin casting (Jim Small) to re-do them - at the moment.
So the hopes are there. But until then many Eagles will be grounded

Last edited by ostrein; 30-11-2007 at 05:36 AM. Reason: For clarification.
ostrein is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #123
Eagle-1

Y'all want some made yet?

Rob.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #124
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1 View Post
Y'all want some made yet?

Rob.
Whaddaya think?

Ok, one set for me pls (for the 12"), built/finished if possible! When/where can I pay?
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #125
hwels
Communications Officer

Yep, me too

Hans
hwels is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 30-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #126
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Hmm, Jim did not say that he is not going to do them, did he? He is just very busy finishing some already ordered stuff (pun intended ) ...and setting up his workbench after moving his house. Just be a bit more patient.
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #127
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Yes, all these projects are moving forward which is very exciting.... I'm patient
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #128
Eagle-1

Ok,

Point taken. I didn't know y'all didn't want them unless they only came from one source......?

I just revisited the first post in this thread anyhow. I don't want any from small, so I shouldn't have posted.

I just thought y'all wanted some accurate lift boosters.

My apologies. I thought maybe y'all were tired of waiting.

(Jorge, I'll contact you very soon and I'll make some no matter what and you're welcome to a set. hwels, you too.)

Rob.

Last edited by Eagle-1; 02-12-2007 at 04:09 AM.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #129
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Hmm, Jim did not say that he is not going to do them, did he? He is just very busy finishing some already ordered stuff (pun intended ) ...and setting up his workbench after moving his house. Just be a bit more patient.
You're right!
I checked my emails and found the responce I got after I contacted Jim regarding the side booster:

"At this time I do not produce the side boosters. However, if enough interest is generated, I could be persuaded to re-master a new set and make them for anyone who wants them. I understand a thread has developped about this on the Eagle forum.

I will address this publicly at a future date, however the recent move has put me out of commission for a couple of months ahead...

EJIMBo."

So it was not a NO. There is hope
Old 30-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #130
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Default Meanwhile, for those who just can’t wait…

For those (like yours truly here!) whose patience is getting thin to put their hands on a side-booster set for the 12" Eagles, here’s a bunch of pics that can be used as reference for those daring enough to scratchbuilt one of their own (and I know at least one here who’s about to start...).
The booster set seen on these pics was one of the last produced by Jim. The Eagle is from ERTL and the built/finishing is Alfred's.

I’ve added some measurements (metric only, sorrrryy!!!), available on the 1st pic.

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 05-04-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: pics moved to new image server
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #131
BrianS
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrein View Post
"At this time I do not produce the side boosters. However, if enough interest is generated, I could be persuaded to re-master a new set and make them for anyone who wants them. I understand a thread has developped about this on the Eagle forum.

I will address this publicly at a future date, however the recent move has put me out of commission for a couple of months ahead...

EJIMBo."

So it was not a NO. There is hope
This was brought up again in an entirely different thread. So as not to hijack that thread, I am simply repeating what was posted there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8cmp View Post
I also said that if Jim didn't produce these in the near term, there was another manufacturer prepared to do them when he had cleared his current backlog of work.

I'll contact him again and see whether he's now in a position to do this project...
Given that there has been no confirmation that Jim will indeed make these - ie no public address of the issue since we actually reached the 40 orders mark - I think it is important to get these questions answered. If Jim is too backlogged or has changed his mind and his interests lie elsewhere, etc., then those answers will allow us to get the ball rolling elsewhere if it turns out to be necessary.
BrianS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #132
ostrein
Communications Officer

Hi Jorge,

thanks ever so much for making the efford an making these photos and make them available to us.

It's highly appreciated.

Thanks

Oliver