Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #41
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Yes I have the KISS figs, but I only have three out of four. I picked them up for below dirt cheap in 2004 when I went to the IPMS Scale Model World show in Telford. Gene is the only one I am missing and I do plan to build these when I get him. I might try altering the positions of the figs though to get them in a concert stage pose (complete with drums, guitars and a large lighted K-I-S-S in the background).

As for my Clipper, unfortunately it is still just sitting in the box unbuilt. So there isn't much to see that hasn't already been seen. I don't plan to build it until after I do a Starcruiser One model (done up Eagle style, as if it had been built as a studio model for a show with black letraset lines, off color panels and some added greeblie bits). I haven't quite decided how I want to approach the Clipper model in terms of detailing. Do I go Anderson style, actual Earth space probe style (with bright mylar coverings) or do I try for something that looks more at home in Galactica's rag tag fleet? Each one has its appeal, making the decision somewhat hard.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #42
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Thanks for the Utube like CR. That quote I borrowed for 20 07 fits rather well here too. "it was the best of times.. it was the worst of times" Those helmets were rather interesting... especially with no heads in them, but no one was having sex or anything like they do in these jolly music videos today (in my time....) so there you go.

Its interesting. I too built Lego eagles like Jorge, but I copied them from my 1975 Dinky catalogue. I saw the eagles in the shops and then the freighter versions and fell in love. The only way I was ever going to get one was build it... I ended up building two... they were spineless as I remember, but not in the courage department.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 AM   #43
CR
Science Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMChladek View Post
Yes I have the KISS figs, but I only have three out of four. I picked them up for below dirt cheap in 2004 when I went to the IPMS Scale Model World show in Telford. Gene is the only one I am missing and I do plan to build these when I get him. I might try altering the positions of the figs though to get them in a concert stage pose (complete with drums, guitars and a large lighted K-I-S-S in the background).
Cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMChladek
As for my Clipper, unfortunately it is still just sitting in the box unbuilt. So there isn't much to see that hasn't already been seen. I don't plan to build it until after I do a Starcruiser One model (done up Eagle style, as if it had been built as a studio model for a show with black letraset lines, off color panels and some added greeblie bits). I haven't quite decided how I want to approach the Clipper model in terms of detailing. Do I go Anderson style, actual Earth space probe style (with bright mylar coverings) or do I try for something that looks more at home in Galactica's rag tag fleet? Each one has its appeal, making the decision somewhat hard.
Well, sounds like you need to get three Cosmic Clippers to make one of each version, then! (Seriously, I like the 'real' idea and the 'Galactica' idea, since I don't think anyone's actually done either.)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #44
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Three Clippers would be cool, although they are tougher then hens teeth to find. I was lucky I found the one I did find and it was due to a buddy in the states being willing to sell his to me for a good price. I can count myself lucky as I did build one of these as a kid. I loved it more then the Starcruiser One model actually, mainly because it had a sort of Battlestar Galactica quality to the main ship. In fact I wonder if some of the Clipper parts ended up getting used in the Sador drone fighters from Battle Beyond the Stars since there are some similarites to their domes on the top side. It does seem as though in the states USAirfix issued more of these then Airfix in the UK did since this was during the time of Airfix's bankruptcy woes.

BTW, that Eagle Explorer ship from Monogram is coming back out again. Hasegawa tooled it up in Japan as "Operation Omega" and Monogram reboxed it for sale in the states. Hasegawa did others as well and these were mainly some sort of pocket sized super deformed egg plane model paired with a set of additional parts to make something that looked like a cross between Zoids and transformers (I had two of them). The Operation Omega ship I think was the only one that didn't utilize a super deformed design. The original Operation Omega kit is getting reissued in Japan if I recall correctly. Its design is more influenced by Kow's designs for the Hobby Japan SF3D series (now known as MAKS 3000) then other stuff. But it does have a bit of a Starcrusier One quality to it I admit.

In my case, I want to get one since Hasegawa used their scale references for their 1/200 space shuttle kit to make the 1/144 shuttle in this kit. Delete the weirdo transform hinges from it and it has the potential to be made into a great 1/144 space shuttle model.

Concerning Legos, I never did an Eagle since I didn't have enough bricks to pull it off and the shape seemed a bit complicated in the nose area. I did do mini Trek ships (using the blue gears as saucers) and I did also have a go at doing the Space Academy Seeker and the Starfire from Jason of Star Command. Both even had mini interiors with the red seats and the Starfire had a mini cat pod that could be launched. This was about five years before the first small Lego astronaut figures came out and they wouldn't have fit in these because they were small. But, it was fun to do them at the time. Later when I did have some of the astro figs and the new Lego brick sets, I did two versions of the MiG-31 Firefox from the Clint Eastwood film. Too bad I never took any pictures of these creations though. Oh well.

Last edited by JMChladek; 02-01-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #45
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

The MIG 31 would have been very cool. My lego eagles were very simple and out of proportion. I might try and make one and post a picture... If I can still remember how I did it

Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #46
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I still remember. I kept thinking of ways I would do things differently now, but I kept it as it was so to speak. Here are some photos.

Not exactly a masterpiece, but I hadn't seen the show, only the Dinky catalogue
Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #47
cricket
Medical Officer

Not all that shabby, Tony, for what must have been a 10-year-old's effort originally. And... the color scheme is much more realistic than Dinky!
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #48
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Not to change the subject, but I now have the Space tune you linked to from Youtube stuck in my head. Anyone know if this music is available on CD? And yes, I did chuckle a bit when watching the background footage (complete with Eagles).
Old 03-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #49
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMChladek View Post
Anyone know if this music is available on CD?

JMChladek…yes, the CD is available from different sources like Amazon.com (see link below) and eBay.
This theme is part of the album with the same name “Magic Fly” and was the band’s 1st album (1977) and one of their biggest success ever. I still own the vinyl version but I’m tempted on getting the CD as well.

Thanks for allowing me to get out of the space-disco closet!

…album available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Fly-Space/dp/B00004URWV

Still regarding Hasegawa's Operation Omega vehicle, it's already available for sale here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063573

I'll be building (most probably commission...) the 1:48 lunar vehicle version, as seen here on the product's box cover:

Jorge
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #50
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Default ZZ Top's Rough Boy...

Another great cruise(r) on Memory Lane….the song, the video…and yes…the legs
One of my fave video/songs/album (Afterburner) ever!

Hey Senmen...this one's for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubUOkFBuu5w

Recordar é viver!

Jorge

Old 03-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #51
Senmen
Astrophysics Technician

Hey Jorge,

thank you!! Yep, this is really a great and classic song and a real phantastic video.
Hope all is well with you....

Oliver (senmen)
Senmen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #52
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

That was so cool. I remember that clip... and yes I love the album and killed my copy. I shall get another.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #53
rabbidsquirrel
Medical Technician

Default projects

well still here script is beeing worked on (ST thing) still have the start of the Sapce 1999 one
working (or trying) to work on one project then the next 11" model- well i can't see cuting into it but it would look better other projects are on hold for the moment as trying to work on a inter net thing (fan done st thing sorry folks) space 1999 is cool but a bit hardier for me to try to "invison" at times but the mood well hit me as the pilot storyline for st: Dark Reign is done i will work on the pilot for Space 1999: RESCUE and a few models wish me luck
yes still have the brass for the 44" eagle, just trying to work on one thing then move on to the next
Regurads
William "Rabbidsquirrel"Mellott
rabbidsquirrel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #54
Liberator
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletransporter View Post
Another great cruise(r) on Memory Lane….the song, the video…and yes…the legs
One of my fave video/songs/album (Afterburner) ever!

Hey Senmen...this one's for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubUOkFBuu5w

Recordar é viver!

Jorge
I left it too long to check out the video "this video has been removed due to terms of use violation"
Liberator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #55
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Available here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...06025113732288

...old school Rock...there's nothing like it!

Jorge