Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 28-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #41
Century21Slough
Astrophysics Technician

Agreed although a 600 mile round trip I for one would also be happy to return to The Moat House again, and yes at least it was all in one area, at Coventry you had a Looong walk between the facilities, at the Moat House had a good size bar with plenty of space to talk shop, YES it was worth it.
Century21Slough is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #42
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

I think that there is a good chance of another con at that hotel next year by all the good sounds floating about, but I think the display room will need more space. Either the merchandise table needs to be removed or the display moved to another room. I'm not too sure about simply squeezing things together as it can start to look like a jumble sale and with space lost to the barriers there wasn't an awful lot of space to move around which resulted in a few traffic jams - especially around a certain table!
As it was it turned out we could squeeze in a couple of items during the weekend but that was only because several large models were cancelled on friday morning.
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #43
Eagle
Commander Ret.

I'd prefer a Midlands venue, tbh. But would return to Elstree I suppose.

What's the score on sci-fi 'model meets' - do they happen?
Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #44
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I'd like to see a model's only convention, but that's probably because I'm sad

Whoever suggested we have an Eaglebuilders meeting ... count me in, I would love to meet and share ideas with you guys over a few pints.

Thanks to all who have put up photos - all reference of Eagle One is good.. !

If I didn't PM you and you have a CD/DVD of ANY images available from the Con, please PM me if you are willing to share (I will pay your costs).

I am trawling through my photo collections and reference materials as I write this. I would be more than happy to share what I have (general Sci-Fi mostly). I do have an extensive collection of photos from my trip to Space City.

It seemed such a good idea to send out a photo disk, that I offering to do that to anyone who wants one too (not from Fanderson cons, but from plenty of other stuff like my trips to various Planet Hollywood restaurants)

I am kinda caught in a catch 22 situation here, I had little reference for the Space 1999 stuff, that's why I joined this site in the first place......!

I agree with most of the other comments.... Brass tube never looked so sexy.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #45
multivac
Hydroponics Technician

One of the highlights of any Fanderson Con is the model room (IMHO) and the one at the Moat House could have been a little larger. A big thank you to the lucky owners for letting your models out for the weekend. Oh and Eagle One was very nice too.

I felt that the Moat House was an ideal site and would be pleased to return there again.

Like many others on the forum I spent freely (thanks Tony) and I would have liked to have seen other traders there too.

To cap it all, I was able to see SAW's creations close up, unfortunately my purchasing budget had been exceeded; otherwise I would have had the set of Lunar Tanks, a Scout Ship and a set of Chris' Eagle plans too.

When I left Saturday evening I felt that I should have registered for the Sunday, but I had other commitments.
multivac is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote