Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
xv 104 pilot
Hydroponics Technician

Default dove kit availability?

do any of our members know of a decent sized kit of the "dove" from "doppell ganger" i have the little 5" resin kit from mim, which was also available from comet miniatures many moons ago. i just thought that one about 10"-12" long would be a nice size to have. unfortunately i am dis-abled so scratch-building one is way too difficult for mecheers steve.
xv 104 pilot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
eurosector
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv 104 pilot View Post
do any of our members know of a decent sized kit of the "dove" from "doppell ganger" i have the little 5" resin kit from mim, which was also available from comet miniatures many moons ago. i just thought that one about 10"-12" long would be a nice size to have. unfortunately i am dis-abled so scratch-building one is way too difficult for mecheers steve.
I saw a large version modeled by a fellow in England at the CultTVman website. You can see it here. He told me that he kitted it as well.

The version of the Dove kit by Reshape that was sold through Comet Miniatures in the early 1990's was a repop of the Teru Models kit made in Japan which I believe is the original kit. The casting on the Teru kit was flawless as opposed to the Reshape kit. The Reshape kit substituted some white metal parts in lieu of resin. And, by the way it looks like MiM's version is also a repop of the Teru kit.

I hope this information is useful to you.
eurosector is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
xv 104 pilot
Hydroponics Technician

Default dove kit availability?

many thanks to both EUROSECTOR & JD for the info on the dove kits.:thumbup a number of years ago i also bought the XV104 resin kit from comet. i think it was also a teru models re-cast, i would love to get another one as like a twit i went and sold it.:wtf it was about 4"-5" long . i recently won on ebay the MINI MODEL MADNESS. kit of the pheonix and the dove from "DOPPELLGANGER" they are both resin , the dove is about 2"long and the pheonix is about 6"long the pheonix includes the dove launch cradle. the trouble is you don`t get any instructions with it and i haven`t a clue how to assemble the cradle as it`s in about 7or 8 pieces.i will get round to building it one day. ttfn steve.:
xv 104 pilot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote