Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 21-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Entertaining educational Eagle 'eaven !
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #22
Stu73
Communications Officer

hey
why dont we all (as many as possible) get together and do an Eagletransporter.com convention?
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

It's been talked about. If it's a forum convention, it'll have to be at a hotel because I don't think anyone will have a house big enough to take all the guests who'd like to come. Probably somewhere in the West Midlands to Nottingham area so it's central-ish for everyone. If it's a room at a hotel, the hotel can provide food and drink and accomodation for those travelling any distance. Plucking figures out of the air, say anyone wanting to attend had to pay ten pounds towards the room hire, any monies left over could go behind the bar or something. Maybe something for the end of this year or 2009?
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #24
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

I believe Hammer film fans have been holding regular events at Bray Studios - worth checking out ? Obviously more distance to travel for those in the north, but can't think of anywhere more appropriate,
Old 21-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #25
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

A convention suggests a lot of formality. Personally, I'd prefer to think of it more like a club meeting. I know some nice hotels in Lichfield.

Old 21-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #26
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

May be we should have some sort of poll - who'd be interested, what they'd like to see, how much it might cost, whether guests should be invited, etc. ?
Old 21-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #27
CR
Science Officer

Likewise (all the postive comments stated so far).
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I've 'met' so many wonderful people via this forum. I've learned so much about not only my favourite tv show & things pertaining to it, but I've also learned a lot of other things I never even realised I didn't know. (Does that even make sense?)
Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of it all.
Thank you, Mark, for making it possible!
And thanks to the rest of you, too, for keeping it going!
(Group hugs to those of you who aren't put off by 'touchy-feely' stuff. Firm handshakes for the rest of you.)

CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #28
CR
Science Officer

Hmm...
How about those of us across the pond (North America) and Down Under try to have EagleMeets around the same time? Maybe we could do some sort of live link between continents.
Just an idea off the top of my head, and no, I don't know how to coordinate something like that.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #29
Fun Pod
Communications Officer

S'funny, just last night Mrs Fun Pod and me video-linked with some friends via MSN WindowsLive for the first time (we often use Skype to video-link with relatives in Aussie) and i was musing on the same thing. Perhaps members could gravitate (in joke) to regional centres/cities, hire a broadcast facility for a multi-country link-up. It seems to me that all that would be required is that all the facilities share the required info on feed origins, etc., with one nominated to do the main switching. Need it be that complicated? - I don't know...
Fun Pod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #30
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I think it would be possible. If we could coordinate the meetings for the same weekend we could organise linkups. What would of course be really marvelous is for the whole forum to meet together at some point.... cost a fortune of course, but it would still be a ton of fun.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 22-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
alienation
Eagle Pilot

Well, I have to say that I love this forum. I'm not a model maker but I do appreciate it as I have friends who are 9 and s99 fans and I can't get them over here...
I do post a bit on the shows discussions because I love talking about the show and never ever knew anyone else who did (even when I was 9 and it first ran) and I had some creepy experiences with my stalker on another forum, (and I've been told I am being watched here, but the stalker is silent so YEAH) so this was a nice treat to be here (even if I am just half the female population here)
I found this forum after .net crashed and Martin directed eveyone here, and I love it.
thanks to those who help run it. You've given me something I've waited 30 years for. a place to talk about John and Helena and Maya and all those characters I really love.
alienation is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #32
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Glad the stalker is silent. If you have any problems at all just let Eagle (Mark) and or the moderators know.

It is a cool place though isn't it.
Old 24-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #33
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

These stalker types just enjoy yanking your chain. If they get no response they get bored and drift away. I think they're rather pathetic and should concentrate on getting a life.
Old 25-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #34
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Agreed
Old 25-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #35
Stu73
Communications Officer

so, would it be a fair assumption that there's enough interest to support a get-together?
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #36
hwels
Communications Officer

I think so, we've already been talking about a get-together for Holland + Germany on the chatbox.
hwels is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
JericoEagle1
Medical Technician

Yes I too am addicted to this site and check almost hourly. But what I really like is the friendly atmosphere, there's no constant bickering about insignificant things. I really appreciate that. Finally I find more laughs here then on any site I've been on before.

PS. This site also has the best Smilies
JericoEagle1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #38
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

As usual, I'm a little late to the party! Thanks to all who make this awesome site possible! It's great to have sci-fi discussed and enjoyed that isn't all Star Trek and Star Wars...don't get em wrong, I like 'em, but enough is enough! Anyway, love it! Y'all can come visit anytime, just give me enough warning to clean things up and cook enough Tex-Mex for all! Bring Eagles.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote