SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 14-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #661
Senmut
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
I am hugely excited. A very kind forum member has loaned me the DVDs of the series (1 & 2) and so I will finally get to see the eagles flying FOR REAL and not just around my study.... Sad to think that I had to wait till I was 42 to get the chance. I shall glue the children to some seats (actually I won't have to they'll sit there spell bound ...they'd happily watch the test pattern) and we'll see how we go.
Space virgins???

Woooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Senmut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #662
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Last night I saw 'The Last Sunset' for the first time in ages. It occurred to me that Prentis Hancock may have enjoyed performing the 'tripped-out megalomaniac' scenes. Anyone aware of an interview where he discusses this episode?

I still question Koening's judgment in bringing the alien probe into the base. Couldn't they have examined it out on the pad?

Loved seeing Tanya in the tennis dress, though....

<sigh> Sometimes I think I'm just a dirty old man.

Edit: Why would you bring a tennis dress to a freakin' moonbase?

Last edited by Dr Kane; 17-02-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Just had another thought!
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #663
blondgod
Geological Technician

I'm watching them all in order. I watched Guardian of Piri last night, tonight it's Force of Life.
blondgod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #664
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Considering there's no spacecraft in FOL whatsoever, it's still one of my favourites.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #665
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kane View Post
You mean 'JTTFSOTS'? If you have a VCR that plays NTSC (US format) tapes, you can borrow my copy. PM me your address.

Amazon have some VHS copies available:
http://tinyurl.com/2lqp4t

The DVD goes for a ridiculous price nowadays:
http://tinyurl.com/33d6lt

Sorry I missed this. Thanks for the offer. Our old VCR won't manage it. I shall hunt up a copy when I can
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 16-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #666
DARKVIEW
Deputy Commander

l recall ITV first showing it prime time at 7pm thurs or friday when l was a kid, l was hooked and loved it from then on, l know it easy to see faults now etc but for its time it was amazing especially season 1, you only have to look at dr.Who to see bad sci-fi for the time, even today l find Dr Poo and torturewood bad even tho l know some of the producers

Guardian of Piri , dragons domain for my favourites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Official website:

DARKVIEW is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #667
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

I've just started to watch series 1 again tonight. Still haven't found my way back to UFO yet, but that's ok. The first three eps are such a good view. Sadly one must face Ring around the Moon next, but then there's that wig following, so all will be well.
Old 30-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #668
Leif_G
Chef

Quote:
Oh good.... Well, when I've seen one I'll let everyone know how I get on. Rather glad I have read about how dreadful it is, nothing worse than expectations dashed... now I'm just looking forward to a good laugh and ...well... and those eagles.
The show is a bit cheesy, but the two Martin's always made it an enjoyable experience for me, as a kid, and now. Martin Bower's models and Martin Landau's acting btw...

Often the stories are a bit off, too boring, too weird, or two over the top... but in the end, its a classic series. For 1975, its one hell of a show IMO. It has a lot of character & charm that most sci-fi shows today are devoid of. I wouldn't change a thing.

If I recall correctly, Dave Prowse, who played the physical role of Darth Vader in Star Wars, plays an alien in one of the season 2 episodes.

Leif
Leif_G is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #669
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

The Beta Cloud in fact.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #670
alienation
Eagle Pilot

Edit: Why would you bring a tennis dress to a freakin' moonbase?[/quote]

Because there's a tennis court, silly.
Or maybe the same reason Helena brought two sexy dresses with her...
I loved this episode and understood it a lot better as an adult after I spent lots of time on communes and at Rainbow gatherings with hippies and understood the type...
I loved the end when Paul said it wasn't a bad trip, but the sunset itself was moving....
alienation is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #671
alienation
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
I wasn't allowed..tragic isn't it!
Hey, when I finally got into the show during it's second season, it was on Sunday Mornings and I had to miss the last 10 minits because we had to go to church. talk about frustration...it took me 30 years to see what I missed...
alienation is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote