Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 19-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
Ron
Travel Tube Technician

Having tons of eagles, I must say that two moonbuggies are my most precious possessions:

1) The first one is an original filming miniature from the series, quite dammaged and faded... but the original!

2) The second one is a moonbuggy from an italian guy - there are still some on sale on EBAY - which is very well proportioned, done in metal with LED headlights. I really like this model... missing details, such as exhaust, antenna or steering levers can easily be added to create a perfect moonbuggy.

Other stuff I wouldn't part with, are - of course - my PE-Eagles and 3 resin figures - John, Maya and Alan in spacesuit... they are a tiny bit goofy but still very nice.

(no pix today, sorry)
Ron is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
Ron
Travel Tube Technician

Having tons of eagles, I must say that two moonbuggies are my most precious possessions:

1) The first one is an original filming miniature from the series, quite dammaged and faded... but the original!

2) The second one is a moonbuggy from an italian guy - there are still some of these for sale on EBAY - which is very well proportioned, done in metal with LED headlights. I really like this large model... missing details, such as exhaust, antenna or steering levers can easily be added to create a perfect moonbuggy.

Other stuff I wouldn't part with, are - of course - my PE-Eagles and 3 resin figures - John, Maya and Alan in spacesuit... they are a tiny bit goofy but still very nice. Also the remastered DVD series 1 box set is "holy"... I'm feeling a slight urge to build a shrine for it!

(no pix today, sorry)
Ron is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #23
MR RUSS
Chef

Pardon , didn't hear you the 1st time
MR RUSS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #24
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Ron, how much is tons of Eagles????
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #25
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

tons and tons and tons in fact
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-02-2008, 03:53 AM   #26
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

I would say my Eagles are the most prized, but I do have some other stuff. I have one young readers book from that period (published by Gold Key I believe, not quite a comic, but it had color illustrations to go with the story). I mainly kept it since it had a nice reference picture of the Metamorph Eagle on the front and Moonbase Alpha on the back (for modeling purposes). I've also got three paperback novelizations of some of the episodes from season one, although they aren't the greatest writing in my mind (too compressed). Kit-wise, in addition to Eagles and Hawks, I do have three Moonbase Alpha model kits stashed away (two AMT reissues, one original MPC offering). There is also the copy of Famous Spaceships of Fact and Fantasy 1st Edition with the Eagle article that I have as well. I love pulling it out from time to time to see what modeling was like back in the late 1970s, when we had to scrounge a bit for some of our resources. That stuff and a pair of 1999 suit patches that I got from our spacesuit builder in Oklahoma are about all I have which are 1999 related.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
Spacecraft Guy
Weapons Technician

I had to leave behind my MPC Moonbase Alpha model, the 1977 Calendar, the RCA Series 1 Soundtrack record, the Milton Bradley game from 1976 and the Viewmaster reels when I moved across country in the 1980s, and I parted with my Series 2 books in the late 1990s.

I managed to keep the Tech Manual, a few Series 1 paperbacks, the Starlog Issue #7 with the Mandel Eagle Blueprints and my MPC, Dinky and Mattel Eagles, and the remains of my Centuri Flying Eagle, along with my copy of Famous Spaceships. I also got the mail-away Moonbase Alpha patch from the MPC Eagle kit. When the Eagle and Moonbase kits were reissued a bought a bunch of them to replace what I had to leave behind.

Honestly, besides my Eagles I think that the Tech Manual and the patch bring back the most vivid 1999 memories for me. I remember a store that was selling the Mattel 12 action figures at ridiculously cheap prices back in 1976 to clear them out and I didn't buy them - my girlfriend at the time quite vociferously pointed out that I should be spending that money on dates and that I was lucky that she tolerated watching the show with me at all, and I had better darn well get my priorities straight.

I did get my priorities straight. Broke up with her, went back to the store the following day and the figures were gone. Got another Eagle to ease the pain, and I still have it.
Spacecraft Guy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #28
Baggers0046
Medical Technician

I had, as a kid three airfix eagles and a couple of Dinky ones. I never did emulate the crashing Eagle in the opening credits of series one, but I had a damn good try!!!!! Thank god for Product Enterprise I say! My current eagle collection is less likely to be wrapped in white spirit soaked toilet paper set alight and chucked out of a window!!!!
Baggers0046 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 03:54 AM   #29
jesus1999
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
That's a neat little collection, jesus1999!

Oh, and welcome (back) to the forum! (Looks like it's been about a year since you joined us and first posted.)
Thanks for your welcome,CR
jesus1999 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #30
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Default Collecting - The Early Years

Recently found a picture from my bedroom corner back in the late 70's. I bought everything Space 1999 I could find and see lots of things missing from this picture so it must have been an early shot. I still have most of the items in boxes except I sold of all the publications, novels, Starlogs years ago for some extra cash. Do still have the Year 1 Promo Book and Year 2 Guide given to TV stations though. I kept a journal of my collection back then I'll have to compare to what I still have someday but do have a shelf now with my Eagles on it.

Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #31
Hawk
Communications Officer

From the old days, I have the series one soundtrack LP, all the paperback novels for both series 1 and 2, the "making of" paperback, the Starlog tech manual, the first 100 issues of Starlog and all the 1999 stuff they contain, and a calendar. Lost are the plastic model Eagle kit and free patch I got with it.

Since December 2007, I have picked up an Airfix Hawk kit, a Moonbase Alpha kit, 5 PE 12" Eagles, 2 Konami Eagles, a Konami Hawk, a resin stun gun kit, some Charlton comics, the DVD collection, the Baldari poster and his Hawk and Eagle blueprints, and a replacement patch.

I'm most excited about the 23" IR Eagle I ordered last Friday!

Last edited by Hawk; 01-06-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
Hawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote