Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Control Room

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 26-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Default The Complete UFO hardback book by Chris Bentley.

I picked a copy of the book up at the Memorabilia show at the NEC in Birmingham on Saturday, which was strange as its not listed for release for another couple of month's. There was a guy standing as a dealer from Reynolds and Hearn the book's publishers, who was selling a selection of 'Cult' related books and he had several advance copies of the new UFO book which had arrived from the printers on Friday so they took them to the show.

The first thing I said to the guy was, 'what is that doing sat there as its not releasd yet', and he said 'well, do you want a copy then or what' well talk about asking me a stupid question, so I now have my copy.

And 19.99 was a bit better price than the 64.00 being asked for the softcover one that was recently listed on eBay. Mind you I do have both versions now though.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Eagle
Commander Ret.

And you didn't buy three copies?....
Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Unfortunately when I discovered the book and picked up my copy of it, my available funds were a little bit limited to be honest, and there were some other bits and pieces that I had seen that I wanted to get being as the prices were low, or I would have picked up at least one other copy for re-sale. But it was not to be as it turns out, as I did not sell enough other stuff to warrant extra spending, I am not that bothered though, I was more interested in getting a copy for myself rather than trying to profit from it, and I have several dozen plus models, kits and collectible item's to list on eBay now anyway.

Should keep me busy for a while.
Old 26-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
w8cmp
Science Officer

Any big changes in the book from the previous edition ?

And what interesting things are you going to list on Ebay - assume you'll give us all a heads up when you do...

Chris
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
TonyB
Forum Supporter

The book now includes details of an unfilmed story/script, some new pictures in the centre colour picture section, (although colour throught would have been even better), an expanded merchandise section. Not sure what else is new without comparing them though.

Regards the eBay stuff, a lot of them are Imai Anderson kits, I have a few quite rare resin figure kits I may decide to part with and some rare vinyl kits, some of them I am still undecided about though, you know what its like.