Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 21-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Eagletransporter - I'm lovin' that airport layout!
Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #22
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Thank you Dr Kane, it was my pride and joy for a while but my Eagle fleet kept growing…and…as we all know, Eagles need...space!

David…great unexpected update!
That AA 727 is ab-so-lu-te-ly gorgeous.
Funny to see that most classic liveries used “cheat lines” to streamline the airplane fuselage. See how nice it works with that United and Delta.

Interesting to see the Wright brother’s Kitty Hawk in one side of your display and the B2 on the other…and a lot of aviation history in between! Nicely done David!
I see that you also have a rare 747 SP…believe it or not, that’s my fave B747 version ever! The shortest B747 fuselage with the highest vertical stab of the fleet…gotta love it!

A connie is a must in any die-cast collection…I also have one (old Shaback) TAP colours….those were the times!

The B747-200 Alitalia Baci really looks like a chocolate airplane wrapped in candy foil…a successful ad for Baci, no doubt.

Well, I guess it’s my turn now…hopefully this weekend I will contribute “visually” a little more to this thread.

Thanks again David.
Jorge
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #23
tx4
Medical Technician

Well, I'm finally popping back onto the forum (only for a few minutes, unfortunately) to post pictures of my SPAD S.VII model which have been sitting on a memory card for awhile. One is posted directly on this page, the others two are via links as follow:

* front from slightly above
* from almost directly above

It freely (dis)assembles in two large pieces plus a third, small one:
* the main fuselage, including tail;
* the two wings, their connecting struts, and main gear; and
* the propeller.

Each wing strut (whether vertical, diagonal, or horizontal) was evidently individually carved, then assembled into the wing+gear combination. Each wing is a single piece of wood, very well carved.

The model as a whole has a wingspan of 39cm (15.3 inches).

It looks like it was a lot of work, but I have no way of guessing how much. I received it as a gift, and is normally prominently displayed (moved to a spot of better light and high contrast for the pics). I noticed a few more models I had in odd spots, but won't be able to photograph them for a couple weeks.

Since I'll probably have little or no chance to visit for a couple more weeks (lots of unexpected overtime ), I just wanted to take this opportunity to send out seasons greetings for a...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
tx4 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
cricket
Medical Officer

Very, very, nice!
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #25
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Wow David…these latest pictures do really make justice to this beautiful model. What a display piece! Even the propeller has the right shape, something often forgotten on other models. It’s one of those models that look good from any angle…just like the Eagles!

By the way, there’s a Space: 1999 episode where an Eagle pilot “plays” rather carelessly with a biplane model in his quarters…can you recall which episode it is?...aaaaand what model airplane he “plays” with?

Anyway David, thank you very much for sharing these lovely pics. I’m currently in Lisbon and, guess what?...I’ve bought here the 1:200 B747-400 Lufthansa “Berlin”, from Herpa, for just 25 euros!!! (aprox USD 36) Pics soon so watch this space.

To you and yours, um muito Feliz Natal e um Bom Ano Novo!

Jorge

PS: David, in case you’ve missed it, I’ve displayed some of my real space models on this other thread:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=4230

Cheers!

Last edited by Eagletransporter; 20-12-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Old 21-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #26
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

The scene is from End of eternity and the nasty man makes the pilot smash it into Koenig's face.

http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/...mg/tieoe6.html

This and the next page shows the sequence. We can't link to individual images anymore. I don't know what that plane is
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #27
tx4
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletransporter View Post
Wow David…these latest pictures do really make justice to this beautiful model. What a display piece! Even the propeller has the right shape, something often forgotten on other models. It’s one of those models that look good from any angle…just like the Eagles!
Jorge,

Thank you. Definitely one of my top favorites of my whole collection, and I'm glad the new pictures were enjoyed! Yeah, I had admiration for the propeller as well. Funny story about that, actually. I opened the gift (this and the DC-4 were bought while my mother and aunt were shopping, as I think I mentioned earlier), took all the main pieces out, set it up right then, and found no propeller! Even she remarked on how the propeller really helped make the model very special. Fortunately, my mother was able to contact the seller, and I soon had it.

Quote:
By the way, there’s a Space: 1999 episode where an Eagle pilot “plays” rather carelessly with a biplane model in his quarters…can you recall which episode it is?...aaaaand what model airplane he “plays” with?
I was guessing "End of Eternity", under the influence of Balor, even before I read Tony42's reply. I checked out the links he provided, and though the type looks like one I've seen before, I don't really know the type. A lot of the older planes I'm not that familiar with.

Quote:
Anyway David, thank you very much for sharing these lovely pics. I’m currently in Lisbon and, guess what?...I’ve bought here the 1:200 B747-400 Lufthansa “Berlin”, from Herpa, for just 25 euros!!! (aprox USD 36) Pics soon so watch this space.
Sounds like an excellent find.

I'll definitely check out the real spacecraft models.
tx4 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #28
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Hey…glad to see this thread resurfacing…it’s been a while!

Loved that little story about the Spad’s propeller…and I’m sure glad the seller managed to get you one for your bird....it would be the same without it!

Yes, that SP99 episode is indeed “End of Eternity” and that guy’s quarters are just full of nice classic models (B727, BAC111, DC4, etc…). In regards to the biplane model he’s holding, I wasn’t able either to find the type… It looks awfully like the British AIRCO DH5 but there are some differences, namely on the length of the airplane’s fuselage.

The 1:200 B747 is a beauty and although it’s not one of those Herpa Premium models, it’s very nicely detailed (has rotating fans!).

Will update this thread soon.

Cheers!

Jorge
Old 20-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #29
wayout10131
Travel Tube Technician

Glad to see the plane collections - that airport is awesome!

Planes are one of the things I enjoy collecting as much as eagles. Here is my slowly growing collection of Corgi 1:72 scale WWII British and German aircraft. The lights and sounds stand on the Heinkel bomber is neat - has AA fire, searchlights, bomb blasts and fires and the sound of the planes flying by - my wife hates it particularly since our boys discovered the well hidden switch to start the action.

That Spad is beautiful and I imagine took a long time to build.

I also built some much more basic if more colorful, cartoonish planes. The kids have had some fun with them as you can tell by the broken propellor on the plane at the rear when it was dropped onto the floor.

wayout10131 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #30
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Great models there wayout10131, I love the Corgi ones, beautiful
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote