Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 18-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
BrianS
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Why the F*** would anyone try to hide evidence of a long-lost alien civilization?! "Hey, our budget keeps getting cut, we can't go to Mars in a grand way, only scratching the surface with a probe every now and then.
Ah - see, you already bought the government lies hook, line and sinker! The budgets were cut? We can't go to Mars in a grand way? All LIES! What we are seeing is only what the government WANTS us to see. They already HAVE stations on the moon AND mars. (The whole 'Capricorn One' conspiracy theory? A government disinformation ploy, naturally)

Quote:
Because, you know, 'the Government' is so good at keeping secrets.
The MiB have pulled the wool over your eyes really well, haven't they? You might as well be working for them! In fact, I bet you ARE!

Eagle! Are you going to let your site be used like this?!? Or wait - did you create it for just such purposes - ie to misdirect those minds most interested in things from outer space? Does this site exist JUST to help divert us from the truth?!

Hmmm. That WOULD explain some things here!

Quote:
And we're doing something with that tech, because we still fight conventional wars over conventional resources.
You really think we don't understand diversionary tactics at all, do you? How else could the world governments cover up everything they need to cover up WITHOUT major conflicts to keep us occupied elsewhere, eh? Come ON!

Stop treating us like stupid children. Do you really believe that just because our assertions are arbitrary, we shouldn't consider them as possible? You would REALLY like that, wouldn't you?! Well, you won't fool us that way!

We are on to you man! No more of this 'burden of proof' crap!

Fight the power everyone! The truth is out there!
BrianS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjskeldon View Post
I
PS - if you really want a stream of lunacy, try reading a David Icke book.
Oh, yes! Icke's 'The Biggest Secret' is one of the funniest books ever published - so bad it comes across as self-parody.

I think 'Viz' comic really nailed Icke and co. with their satirical strip 'Grassy Knollington, Conspiracy Theorist':

Dr Kane is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #23
CR
Science Officer

Well, at least BrianS didn't hit on the fact that it's one world government, not multiple "world governments" as he said! Ha, indeed! I haven't completely blown my cover!

CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 06:17 AM   #24
Senmut
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Without following the link...

Why the F*** would anyone try to hide evidence of a long-lost alien civilization?! "Hey, our budget keeps getting cut, we can't go to Mars in a grand way, only scratching the surface with a probe every now and then. But wiat, look! An alien artifact! Proof that we're not, or at least weren't, alone! What secrets might we uncover? Exotic technology? We must find out more! Oh, but wait... we don't want anyone finding out about this. Let's cover it up. We'll have it all to ourselves, but we won't be able to do anything about it. But at least we'll know."

But wait, maybe we do have the technology, but only a select few know about it. Because, you know, 'the Government' is so good at keeping secrets. And we're doing something with that tech, because we still fight conventional wars over conventional resources. Oh, and the aliens are in cahoots with 'the Government' too, which is how its still a secret. Yeah, that's it...

WTF?!
Well, to play Magus' Advocate, some people think that your average person could not handle the revelation of something like this, and would react ala WOTW, back in 1938. Mass panic, riots, et al. Now, personally I think that's alot of garbage. People today are alot more resiliant/accepting of such possibilities than back then. But, unfortunately, sometimes TPTB don't have the vision of the rest of us.
Senmut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #25
BrianS
Communications Officer

Quote:
Well, at least BrianS didn't hit on the fact that it's one world government, not multiple "world governments" as he said! Ha, indeed! I haven't completely blown my cover!

HA! There you go again - dis-information within dis-information. But, I have to say, that attempt was PATHETIC. Trying to make us think there is a world government, rather than the Alien Overlords.

We're on to you man!
BrianS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 19-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #26
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Ha! I see the conspiracy-within-a-conspiracy paranoia has taken hold.

I'd love to see something like this turn out to be genuine and I think most people in the world would have the capacity to take it without descending into blind panic. We've ALL seen the X-Files, haven't we? [Yes, I know some assert that even this TV series is part of a conspiracy to soften up the world ready for the revelation that aliens and UFO's are real]

However, governments covering up things like this for so long and without a breach? Come on, our government can't even keep confidential dossiers secret on a daily basis!

No, as a species we have a powerful imagination plus some in-built processes (as DX-SFX says), so we see things where things don't actually exist. Nothing to be ashamed of, but I wish people were a little more skeptical before sticking their heads above the parapet and suggesting things like this.

Dr.Kane - loved the Viz. It's been a while since I read one. Is Roger Mellie still in it?

Phil.
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #27
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjskeldon View Post
Dr.Kane - loved the Viz. It's been a while since I read one. Is Roger Mellie still in it?
Oh, yes - and today's trashy TV (so-called 'reality' shows, etc) gives the strip's writer lots of ammunition.
Old 20-06-2008, 02:56 AM   #28
CR
Science Officer

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 05:15 AM   #29
cmdrkoenig67
Eagle Pilot

No way, man....Let's blow 'em out of the sky with our nukes (because that always works in the movies)!

Dana
cmdrkoenig67 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #30
Known Space
Eagle Pilot

Everybodies wrong. Go here now. When the police nearly end up arresting the little green men for dangerous driving , you know the truth is not only out there, its close to being thrown in the cells. I do note however it is yet again a UFO spotted near to a military base.
Perhaps Torchwood isn't so very far from the truth.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-Cardiff.html

Last edited by Known Space; 20-06-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Known Space is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #31
Dr Kane
Communications Officer

In other words, Plod didn't do their deconfliction with St Athan and blundered into the way of a fast military jet. Wait for the RAF AIRMISS report.

Pointing out the 'Torchwood' connection was damned funny, though!
Old 22-06-2008, 04:04 AM   #32
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

But I thought Torchwood was real.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #33
Known Space
Eagle Pilot

Until about seven years ago I lived in the Cardiff area and still go back to see friends there occasionally.Its very strange to see all those Torchwood programs and to know and recognise I've been to a lot of the locations. Everyone is very laid back about it there and nobody seems at all bothered by the filming as it goes on and are really very chuffed with the series.
Cardiff is a great place to visit and stay if you ever get a chance. I moved there in 95 and left at the turn of the century and the way the whole area has changed and upgraded its self is remarkable. The Welsh take a tremendous pride in the city and its understandable why.
Old Doc Who has a a couple of pretty weakish episodes recently that seemed to do what alot of TV series do. They are a bit budget tight because of whats coming next! The trailer for next week seemed to involve just about every character in the Dr Who Universe and some excellent effects. I hope it is as good as the promises that it makes!
Known Space is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #34
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Oooh - the RED one!
What's its speciality I wonder?
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote