Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Propland
Chief Eagle Pilot

Default Need Help with Voyager’s Dimensions

A project I have always wanted to tackle is a studio scale replica of Voyager 1, the one thing holding me back are the diameters of the main chassis, whether it be camera distortion, perspective etc. one things for sure it’s more difficult to gauge the main body diameters, even with actual kit parts to use as a comparison. The pictures you see are of the sections I have already made and though I believe the profile is close, I suspect the diameters are far too small . I am seriously considering offering this in kit form as a limited run only to the Eagle Transporter forum membership, where a percentage of the proceeds will go to the Hovercraft Museum. All this hinges on whether there is enough interest in a studio scale kit, and on the help from the group to provide dimensions and reference materials.
Cheers,
Darren

Last edited by Propland; 01-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Propland is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Great idea. There are some shots of the vehicle on the Forum con DVD are there not (I could be wrong, its been a long day) I love this shot of her

http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/...vr/spvr124.jpg
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
Propland
Chief Eagle Pilot

Thanks Tony42, you are absolutely right; there are some good shots of Voyager on the DVD. Also thanks for the link, this sure would help if I new the docking tubes dimensions?
My original calculation of a main body round being 8.5 inches is wrong, I know now it's either 10.25" or 10.5" gauging from the top detail cup that’s houses the array detail. Hopefully someone has been lucky enough to take a couple measurements during an exhibition, or has been able to ID some of the detail?
Propland is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote