Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #421
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Quote:
You want to be careful that they don't think you're playing a fast one and ask for the lot back despite the shipping cost.
Especially if they find out you've sold the others on!

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #422
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

First, if they thought I was playing a "game" with them, they would not have sent the item. Easy enough.

Secondly, so what if I sold them. Am I to keep them all? They are damged, hence the reasons for replacements. End of story. Also, what is shipped in the US belongs to the person once it enters the home. PERIOD. They can not take them back...nor would they. Come on guys, think it through...

IR sold a damaged product. The burden is on them to provide what I paid for. If they say keep the damaged ones, thats not on me. IR believes the notion about getting it right. They have earned my business. Also, these replacements do not cost ANYTHING to IR.
CaptainHyper is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #423
Steve D
Astrophysics Technician

You know what,this type of attitude does nobody any good. Ok IR have admitted a cock up and replaced the defective goods (not the inaccurate). But when people advertise on this site the defective items (and seem to laugh at their attempts at damage limitation) You cannot help but wonder if the guys at IR will say "enough is enough". Balls to them we will just offer a refund through the retailer and claw back any losses, instead of some wide boy chancer trying to make a quick buck selling an admittedly substandred product to other people who will do the same.
Steve D is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #424
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

Attitude, please! It was not I that began accusing someone that I was "playing games"! Thats an attitude that started this whole crap. No me. If IR had sent out a DECENT Eagle, I would have not have gotten a REPLACEMENT!

You must think low of them (IR) to think that they can not decided how they will run their business. Also, (IR) initiated the several replacements, not me. They ask how was the eagle, I tell them the truth, they send more. Your just jealous, furthermore, mind your own business. Amazing when a business tries to get it right, there are STILL those that complain!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #425
EAGLEMAGNET
Eagle Pilot

I suspect CH knows he is on to a money-spinner, otherwise he would have asked for a cash refund after the 2nd replacement, it's this kind of attitude that can make small businesses go bust.. none of us would be laughing if we could not get any more 12" or 23" eagles or hawks because IR have gone bust!

I think its time to give IR a break!
EAGLEMAGNET is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #426
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEMAGNET View Post

I think they've had enough breaks from the Chinese.
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #427
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEMAGNET View Post
I suspect CH knows he is on to a money-spinner, otherwise he would have asked for a cash refund after the 2nd replacement, it's this kind of attitude that can make small businesses go bust.. none of us would be laughing if we could not get any more 12" or 23" eagles or hawks because IR have gone bust!

Seriously now before this gets WAY OFF topic. Without showing and PROVING the dynamics of the conversation, they initiated the replacement process on ALL eagles. In fact, the last email I wrote explained that they DID ENOUGH and I was not looking for ANY compensation but he insisted that they send out a replacement because they wanted to know what areas are coming in the replacements damaged because heads were going to roll in China. So, get off your moral high ground bud!

Looks like there are some that like to judge on this forum without knowing ANY facts. In fact, he is sending me a TRANSPORTER EAGLE instead for my troubles of reporting the workmanship. I explained that this would better because chances are, they replacements all have issues.

A recap for the moral high ground:
1. First eagle was banana spine-not worth the $800 in ANY WAY
2. Eagle replacement came with broken off nose command. Not worth the $800
3. Third eagle came with bent spine and paint issues. -Not worth $800

Now, for some moral gods that I stand to, I DID NOT WANT 3 shitty eagles. I wanted ONE GOOD EAGLE!!! 3 crappy eagles does not equal 1 good eagle.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #428
EAGLEMAGNET
Eagle Pilot

Yawn
Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #429
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Whoa, slow down guys. There's no suggestion that CH has done anything wrong. My point was that it does cost IR money to keep sending replacements. It may come to a point where it's cheaper just to give CH his money back if they don't feel they can supply one that meets his expectations rather than keep sending them. Frankly I don't think you will find one that good. IR employees do lurk here so it's probably better to be discreet.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #430
EAGLEMAGNET
Eagle Pilot

Ok, i have 5 versions of the 23" IR Eagles and can find faults in all of them, i have accepted it is very unlikely that there is a perfect one out there (i am very happy with all of them).. but does the slight inpefections give me the right to be sent 5 free replacements??? and then another 5 or should i accept each Eagle for its faults, what winds me up is the attitude that it costs IR nothing to replace Eagles. if we all got replacements for slight imperfections IR would be replacing several hundred!

CH .. your replacements sound justified, im just protecting a British business who are trying to supply us Eagle fans with mass market replicas... NO Other company is catering to our needs on the scale of PE/IR... hence the fact they should be given a break and prased for what they have done so far... not slated for a few (actually several) mistakes.

PEACE!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #431
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

I am glad that the gods have approved.

Anyways, I am sure you brits would do the same if they did that to your tea.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #432
steve36uk
Communications Officer

MMMMMM Tea
steve36uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #433
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Earl Grey, hot!

DUCK AND COVER!
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #434
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

This is one of the first threads I have seen that actually says positive things about Iconic Replicas. I stil cannot afford an $800 display model but it is sort of encouraging about the company.

Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #435
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

Ok, the saga ended today as I was sent a Transporter Eagle for consolation. AGAIN, IR did this on their own volition.

That is 3 Eagles and 1 Transporter in numbered box and all. AMAZING. I wrote IR a wonderful letter and out of a sense of duty, I want to buy another one from Fab Gear.

Ok, now which should I get, a Hawk or the freighter?

Here is the email I received today 9/10/08

Hi Joe

Many thanks for your email and good comments.

I am happy to have been able to help in sorting this matter out and glad that you appreciate the Transporter Eagle.

We aim to provide a high level of Customer Service and on this occasion it has worked perfectly!!

Please do not let this “hiccup” deter you from coming back for more of our forthcoming projects and thanks for the image of you and your obviously happy family (does your wife appreciate the Eagles too?)

Kind regards

Daryl

Last edited by CaptainHyper; 10-09-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #436
CaptainHyper
Computer Technician

HEADS UP YOU GUYS!

YOU CAN BUY 2 Lab Eagles for the price of ONE

Check out item # on Ebay. I had purchased from this guy already and he is a great seller. He has the original Lab and since IR shipped him the replacement, he is selling both for $779 shipped!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #437
EAGLEMAGNET
Eagle Pilot

CH, i'm glad you are happy. seems like very good customer service from IR