&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 22-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #201
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle44 View Post
Nothing doing im afraid.....,
Steve will not send any more to me..(which they would be happy to call straight)...as I wrote to him saying..that if he could still supply a straight one i'd still have it.
So I muct deduce then..that all the remaining Freighters are bent ?.

Cheers all, Ian. "eagle44".

-------------------------
Hey Ian, see it from the positive side. You've got now 3 or 4 Freighter Eagle for free. With a little DIY you can make them straight and/or convert them, or sell them. Not too bad for free I think

Cheers, Oliver
ostrein is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #202
Communications Officer

I'm really surprised that IR don't want these products back. They could at least dispose of or repair them themselves to prevent unscrupulous individuals (like Ian and Oliver) taking advantage of the situation. Okay, just kidding chaps! It's their decision I know, I know.

If they were to claim under some sort of factory warranty, how could it be proved that they were not being damaged during shipping? This must be costing IR money somewhere along the line which can't be a good thing. It's obviously frustrating for both them and customers alike.

Last edited by 29390; 22-09-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: One day the spelling will be correct first time.
29390 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #203
eagle44
Astrophysics Technician

Default Indeed'O.....

I know..your right Oliver , and I really hope the Hawk is still on , I just can't see it could be a bad'n.
Still..it would have been nice to get a good Freighter straight out of the box , i'm no model builder , and i'm not sure if I will be happy with the job can I do ...
I could get that perfect one if the Freighter was easily taken apart..but it's not really possible for me .
I will look on the bright side..I promise .
Thanks Oilver, best wishes as always..Ian. "eagle44"

------------
eagle44 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #204
akoenig
Astrophysics Technician

Ian, send me two of them and I'll turn you back a very perfect one
akoenig is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #205
eagle44
Astrophysics Technician

Default On the other hand...

Quote:
I'm really surprised that IR don't want these products back. They could at least dispose off or repair them themselves to prevent unscrupulous individuals (like Ian and Oliver) taking advantage of the situation. Okay, just kidding chaps! It's their decision I know, I know.
Damn right eh Oliver...

Well..I work in the Retail Sector..ish, and we try to explain to our unhappy customers that an item will be under Warranty with the producer / manafacturer, they generally understand..and we then send off the item for repair or replacement, bit different with IR but the principal is the same, the issue with mine was..that they were sent that way from HK, very little was due to postal / courier handling, and when you think they will have been transported by container probably ?, moved around one heck-of-a-lot..not bad really considering.
However..if these are down to the new lot ?, (I personally don't think so)..what a bunch they are down there..two peas in a pod !.
And finally..couldn't someone check and find a few good ones..or are they all Knackered ?.

Cheers all..Ian. "eagle44"

------------------

Old 22-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #206
eagle44
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoenig View Post
Ian, send me two of them and I'll turn you back a very perfect one
I'll have a serious think on that "akoenig".., thankyou for the offer mate.
For now..Ian. "eagle44".

-------
ps, hope you're local..UK'ish..USA is a no-no..LOL

------
Old 22-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #207
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29390 View Post
I'm really surprised that IR don't want these products back. They could at least dispose of or repair them themselves to prevent unscrupulous individuals (like Ian and Oliver) taking advantage of the situation. Okay, just kidding chaps! It's their decision I know, I know.
When I received the first Freighter I noticed that it was something not right. I did send an email to IR informing them about the issue. I did NOT request a replacement. I thought I put this Freighter on display and good is. Then suddenly I received the replacement. I never asked for it. But I thought, being also a Member of the IR Collectors Club, I should inform them that there's still a problem (again) so that they can kick some chinese buds.

The last thing I want is that IR is closing down their business. There're still so many products I want to purchase from IR. And that Steve did send me the replacements without even asking for it was more then expected.

BTW, if I could I would purchase even more of these Eagles - twisted or not. But I have to work hard for the little pocket money I'm getting.

Oliver
Old 22-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #208
w8cmp
Science Officer

I would quite willingly purchase a twisted Freighter, as I will be taking it apart for a rework anyway...

Trouble is they don't seem to be offering the faulty ones for sale at a discount...
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #209
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8cmp View Post
Trouble is they don't seem to be offering the faulty ones for sale at a discount...
I asked Steve the same question. At least if they would sell them to the collector club members - or exchange them for the collector points.
Old 22-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #210
paul gray
Forum Supporter

if any of you chaps with extra eagles would like to sell one please drop me a line and let me know how much.many thanks
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 22-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #211
eagle44
Astrophysics Technician

Default Smells like...Victory...

So that's what Desperation sounds like....
----------------------------------------------

Can't see why they couldn't sell them, but it will be for the full price i'm sure, CM might be selling them in the near future if your lucky.

Further to my previous, maybe IR should have refunded straight away rather than giving it a second or third go, it all depends on that contract they have with the HK chappies, maybe it was a case of..if the are Models no good..you get no money..?.
I also wonder if IR had to be advised by HK before they could send out new ones each time, pics from us being used as evidence for the claims, surely they won't be silly enough to swallow the cost themselves..maybe they will then .

All for now people, Ian. "eagle44".

ps, the Freighter must be the easiest model of the lot to pull apart..for modification that is !!.

-------------------------------
Old 23-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #212
akoenig
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
ps, hope you're local..UK'ish..USA is a no-no..LOL
Not quite! I'm in Spain
akoenig is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #213
ostrein
Communications Officer

Quote:
... the Freighter must be the easiest model of the lot to pull apart..for modification that is !!.
Not so sure about this one!? Only if you just cut of the pod - as I did. But this is not always possible because on some Eagles there's no space between the cages and the pod to cut.

The Lab / Transporter is very easy to take appart - if you mange to remove this horrible glue inside the pod.

Cheers

Oliver
Old 23-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #214
steve36uk
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrein View Post
Not so sure about this one!? Only if you just cut of the pod - as I did. But this is not always possible because on some Eagles there's no space between the cages and the pod to cut.

The Lab / Transporter is very easy to take appart - if you mange to remove this horrible glue inside the pod.

Cheers

Oliver
Or can get the floor off-mines glued pretty solidly-wonder whether better to saw through the block between the pod n cage on mine?
steve36uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote