Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 23-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
almonkey
Hydroponics Technician

Default more thunderbird mystery parts

since reading some of the threads on here, and watching the re runs of thunderbirds on the sci fi channel, i've noticed something that seems to appear every where, namely a small square grey part with little "fins". its most noticable on the front of thunderbird 2's pods where there are four of them-

and on the martian probe vehicle-

however tonight i watched the episode with the pirate radio sattelite rescue, and as alan drags the sound engineer into thunderbird 3 there is a "full sized" one on the wall behind him.
any ideas?
almonkey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
TerraForm1
Astrophysics Technician

They're supports for the Girder Bridge kit for trainsets. It came with 4 supports in the box/ package. I think Dapol bought the molds and still distributes them. They turn up quite regular on EvilBay.
TerraForm1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
paul gray
Forum Supporter

it's not a Thunderbird model unless there is a part from the girder bridge kit on it somewhere.it's probably easier to find a model that hasn't got a bit on it
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Quote:
I think Dapol bought the molds and still distributes them.
They are indeed still available. I was able to get them for my (very) large scratchbuilt TB2 pod and recently used them as an homage on the launch tower.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
almonkey
Hydroponics Technician

i should have guessed it was the girder bridge! although it did remind me of the sort of bits of plastic i find at the back of my kitchen drawers left over from various flatpack/diy projects!
on another note, can you spot the cunningly used thunderbird part on my rail layout?
almonkey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 23-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #6
paul gray
Forum Supporter

ah,the good old passenger footbridge kit
cheers Paul

paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonkey View Post
i should have guessed it was the girder bridge! although it did remind me of the sort of bits of plastic i find at the back of my kitchen drawers left over from various flatpack/diy projects!
on another note, can you spot the cunningly used thunderbird part on my rail layout?
aye, but wondering moreso why you would have 2 platforms for 1 line, and a bridge connecting them? ie why would you get off the train on one side and cross a bridge, when you could just get out on the other platform?

just a thought

Mike
Mike Delamar is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

These kits are readily available here in South Australia, the foot bridge as well. I have a good number of those bases in my spare parts. They line the wall of the lounge railway to TB3, and the launch bay of TB1... basically they're everywhere. Airfix must have panicked when Century 21 finished up.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote