Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #41
Stu73
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis View Post
I have two questions :

1/ why 'toasters" ?? I developped this hypothese : in the beginning of the original BSG, we find the officials leaders of manhood toasting peace. "Toast" is almost the very first word said. And then, we know what happened with peace. So the idea may be that the real ennemy is not so much the cylons than the politicians who let them do. (remind of Simmonds ???)

2/ the famous sentence "there are those who believe....." is legendary in original BSG (however never heard in new), but who as noticed that this very sentence is also used in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which is also about aliens debarking on Earth (sorry for the spoiler).
So, BSG, a tribute to Rocky ? Susan Sarandon the first Starbuck, and Frankfurster the first Baltar ???

No, toasters, as in toasting bread. Look at the shape of the 'eye' on the original BSG Cylon Centurion. It looks like an opening on a toaster, y'know- where the bread goes in!
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #42
steve36uk
Communications Officer

Also because they are chrome plated like many toasters (including mine-mmm toast..)
Remember the " in joke " on Caprica with helo making toast ,untill the sound of the toast popping up alerted a centurion to his whereabouts.
steve36uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #43
Dave
Communications Officer

Surely it's just because they are mechanical objects. That's what I always thought they meant.

Even in Futurama one of the robots is refered to as a toaster. And in Star Trek, Data was called a toaster.

God, Dave shut up you nerd!
Dave is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #44
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

Yeah, I think it's just a colloquial Colonial insult.

Season 4 has just reached Oz - Ep 2 last week. Interesting...
T70MkIII is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #45
Liberator
Eagle Pilot

I did something I thought I'd never do - I d/l Razor + the 10 eps of Season 4 - up to watching episode 6. I dont have dfigital so cant watch it and Im not waiting a year for the box season to come out. Once it does I'm buying it. BTW took me about 4 weeks to D/L the thing - wont be doing that again!
Liberator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 29-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #46
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

Yeah, I built a HD projector. Downloaded stuff looks so poor on it I just don't do that any more.
T70MkIII is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote