Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 22-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #41
CelticNut
Medical Technician

Man, you folks sure have impressive collections and I like the imaginative way in which you all display your Space: 1999 gear. You're a creative lot!

I was thinking of creating a diorama out of my display case. The glass is inset on every side, which would allow me to affix a backdrop with ease. At least on the back of the unit. It would enhance my own collection by displaying the eagles in front of a more suitable backdrop than the wall! I thought about creating a starfield, a lunar landscape with stars, or a hangar deck wall in front of the glass.

Here's what it looks like now, as posted earlier:

I've even thought about wiring it for light, if I go the stars or hangar deck route. Suggestions?
CelticNut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #42
BrianS
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticNut View Post
I thought about creating a starfield, a lunar landscape with stars, or a hangar deck wall in front of the glass.

I've even thought about wiring it for light, if I go the stars or hangar deck route. Suggestions?
Actually, you could do all three - stars as background on one level, lunar landscape just below, and a hangar below that.
BrianS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #43
hwels
Communications Officer

At last I found some time to take pictures of 'my fleet'. Most of them are te be found in our 'museum', in our livingroom. Eagles in the last pictures.

Not in the pictures:
2 dinky eagles (at work), 1 airfix eagle (stored).
hwels is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #44
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Hwels…impressive Anderson display! Is there anything that your collection doesn’t include?...I don’t think so! There’s even an Eagle equipped with w8cmp’s grab arm! How come that VIP Eagle has green walkways…eBay mishap?
On a side note, and because I often visit a friend in Amstelveen, I’ve enjoyed taking a look at your webpage. The transformation of Amersfoort harbour was quite impressive…lovely place you live in!
Thanks for sharing
Tot ziens!
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #45
hwels
Communications Officer

Thanks, but the walkways of that eagle are in fact just grey. I swapped eagles. The eagle that came with the Vip-pod now has the grab arm (build it myself) and the standard pod. And there's more in storage. Once a year I swap items from the 'depot' to the 'museum' and vice versa. If you're in Amstelveen next time, just pay us a visit! You're always welcome.

Last edited by hwels; 23-09-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Old 24-09-2007, 02:46 AM   #46
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Fabulous collection. Is the TB2 beside the Dinky Fab 1 a Dinky one with the yellow stripes added???
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #47
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Superb collection. Is that the Konami SPV, SPC and MSV I see in the thirrd photo? They look pretty good.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 05:40 AM   #48
podfreak
Exile

nice collections.....
podfreak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #49
hwels
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
Fabulous collection. Is the TB2 beside the Dinky Fab 1 a Dinky one with the yellow stripes added???
Yes, it is. It was the very first Dinky I bought in 1967 or 1968 and I had to add the yellow stripes. I just needed to "accurise" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
Superb collection. Is that the Konami SPV, SPC and MSV I see in the thirrd photo? They look pretty good.
Yes, they are among my favourite Konami's.

Hans
Old 24-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #50
TonyB
Forum Supporter

As everybody else has said, a very nice collection you have there hwels,
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #51
CelticNut
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
Actually, you could do all three - stars as background on one level, lunar landscape just below, and a hangar below that.
That's a GREAT idea! Why limit myself to one setting when I can render all of them on each level? Thanks! Time to order some styrene...

And hwels, that display is amazing! You've got it all covered. I love the variety of things in your collection. You may need a bigger case soon! It looks like that 22" Eagle needs a nesting place.
Old 25-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #52
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwels View Post
Once a year I swap items from the 'depot' to the 'museum' and vice versa.
Ah yes, rotatymost the Eagly transporterlode !
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #53
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Ah, yes... deep joy to the eardroves.

Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #54
paul gray
Forum Supporter

very funny you two,i just wish i could add a reply in Unwinease.
cheeribye Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #55
HawkLobster
Life Support Technician

Wow, these are some amazing collections here.

Here's my humble fleet, for review. It includes three PE-12s (in front below) plus two AMT kits. The one farthest in back was made "stock" when the AMT kit came out (but with better decals, from Tangents). It actually has a stand, which entailed a hole in the floor of the passenger pod.

The second AMT kit is the spine booster version, built around 2000, which includes a number of Small Art Works parts. (Yes, the PE gift set is on my list!)

Moonbase Alpha uses two AMT kits. The model is built upon a piece of half-inch plywood. The travel tubes are brass. The hills and landscape were made using a model railroading product called U-Build-The-Mountain.

As you can see, this is a Year Two Alpha (ducks!) complete with research section and transferrence dome. The cross-shaped landing pad out there is actually the spare command tower, sanded down. At lower right is the landing pad seen in "Bringers of Wonder" with a very crude Super Swift landed. Look closely and you will see three laser batteries and two eagles flying above the surface to the left of the base.

The Meta Probe is my own lazy kit bash, based around a copper pipe. I hesitate to post these pics, but oh well. Just let me say that there was no kit out back when I built it (or if there was, I was unaware). Overall it's not too bad, but the solar panels are all wrong (they hail from a Skilcraft Hubble Space Telescope kit). I've been following DX-SFX's thread on this topic, so I plan to replace these at some point. The kits I used also included a Monogram 1/144 Saturn V, a Revell Mir, and naturally an AMT Eagle. The spherical tanks are glass marbles and tend to fall off!

Last edited by HawkLobster; 01-10-2007 at 12:57 AM.
HawkLobster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 30-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #56
cricket
Medical Officer

Very nice! I very much like your MBA, and all the tiny Eagles about.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #57
Gumdrop and Spider
Astrophysics Technician

Beautiful fleet HawkLobster,

The Moonbase and Meta Probe are very well thought out and executed
Gumdrop and Spider is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #58
CelticNut
Medical Technician

EXCELLENT work, HawkLobster! I have resisted building my Alpha kit because I wanted to get a material that I could use that would harden to my liking for the lunar surface. I didn't want a clay product that would stay pliable and collect dust and grit over time. I purchased some styrene rods from which I was going to fashion travel tubes, but that's as far as I got...

Anyway, I like your scratch-built base additions and the Meta Probe in particular.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #59
HawkLobster
Life Support Technician

Thanks everyone, for the comments.

CelticNut, I found working with this product to be reasonably easy. It sculpts easily when wet, and sticks to wood (or anything) quite well when it dries. It can be brush-painted or sprayed when dry. Just clump it on, and the result looks good (even with my limited skills).

I've still got quite a bit left in the box, which is being saved for a planned "Ultima Thule Diorama" using an unbuilt AMT kit (whenever I get around to it!).
HawkLobster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 AM   #60
CelticNut
Medical Technician

Great! Thanks for the link. That might get me back in the game!