Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #21
john_trek
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon
I know of more than a few 'rivet counter' types of modeler/fan and the ones i've met know to bloody well avoid me next time.

I hold nothing against anyone with a justified gripe, nit pickers to the Nth degree just get a stern talking to in language they cannot misunderstand.
I admire that. Nine out of ten times that it's happend to me the person blabbing at me has never done anything more than buy a model, let alone build one. I usually spend the first few moments staring at the person thinking "you're an idiot" and really can't think of a proper responce. I mean, honestly, how do you explain color coordination to someone who is color blind?

I do enjoy it when they start in on some technical detail that I have supposedly missed or misinterpreted. They quickly find out that they can't possibly match the amount of research I've done on a particular project and I can quote chapter and verse far better than they can.

Now... one other thing. 22 page write up? Oh, hell. I have things to do today. I really don't have time. I must no,. must not, must not ....

Must .... keep.... mouse ... away ... from .... hyperlink.... must ... be ... strong .....
john_trek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #22
Rdrunner
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8cmp
I think we have one started now on this forum...
I don't know where either lot's of almost finished projects
Rdrunner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #23
BrianS
Communications Officer

I love the finished product - and I am amazed at the work you took to get there. Astonishing. Congratulations.
BrianS is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #24
Raytheon
Life Support Technician

Thank ye kindly for the comments folks !

John: Thing is, i've usually found those kinds of folks do certainly exist and an experiance (read=target practice) they can be but thankfully, as we know, there are way more than just a few who can talk the talk AND walk the walk which is always a refreshing change, a lot of whom inhabit these forums.

So for example if someone here tells me that my 44" Eagle is wrong, i can do nothing but hold my hands up and agree...because they are right and by and large well informed and better at building correct Eagles than me.

If on the other hand some folks have never built any kind of model in thier lives then i may have an issue with them.

Still it takes all kinds to make a world and speaking as someone who used to sit behind my local clubs exhibiton stand operating his Aurora guillotine to the delight of kiddies and the slight horror of parents, i'm not really in a position to judge...well not too much anyways

Go easy all
Raytheon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #25
AceMartini
Communications Officer

Ahhhmazing. And from the perspective of this forum, the design of this ship came only a couple of years after the Eagle.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2007, 04:34 AM   #26
xsavoie
Life Support Technician

Did you know that a Star Trek photon torpedo kit with lights and sounds exist.I saw and heard what it does and it's fantastic.The lighting kit is either available at cult tv man or at the Star Trek web site.
xsavoie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #27
Raytheon
Life Support Technician

I did indeed, just never had the plan to build it into this one. The next one if there is a next one, it will get used to the full i suspect along with the rest of the goodies that can be got for the kit.

Oh by the way, did some clearing up of a few rough spots and some re-painting in response to some justified comments on some colours so done and gallery re-photographed and posted.

Gallery right about here

I think i'm done now, off to the monthly model club meet we go

Go easy people !
Raytheon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #28
AceMartini
Communications Officer

Oh, my. I just now looked through the build-up pictures. You are a genius, sir. The faux spotlights are something I never would have come up with in a hundred years.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote