Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Anderson - Reference Section, Member Builds and Detailing > UFO > Shado mobile

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Dakota_in_the_sky
Eagle Pilot

Default 1/24th scale SHADO Mobile and Explosives Truck

Hello all,

I'm starting some new projects. These will be what I call Studio theoretical. Basically I'm going to build 1/24th scale models, but use only kit parts that were available back then. The greeblies won't be the same as the larger scale stuff. My thinking will be as if I was a modeler on the staff and was asked to build a smaller scale vehicle for a wide shot.

I'm currently trying to find the right size to make sense for 1/24th scale. I found one reference that said the Mobile was 24' long. This would make it 12 inches. I photographed a 3" tall man (6' tall) and it seems pretty close. The tracks are exactly the same wheelbase as a 1/24th scale Jagdpanther. This might mean the Tiger Joe was based on a large tank.

Hosted on Fotki

Here's a shot with the 1/24th scale man. That square at hand level is the step which is pretty high, but large enough for a foot

Hosted on Fotki

A little closer

Hosted on Fotki

Driver View

Hosted on Fotki

man with the Jagdpanther

Hosted on Fotki

Jagdpanther and Shadow mobile

The Explosives truck seems to be the same length (24') but it might be too large. The tires would be shoulder level to a man, but the window compartment seems just right. Has anyone seen a character next to the Explosives truck?

Hosted on Fotki

Man with tire

Hosted on Fotki

Another shot with the man. Does anyone know if one can stand up on the inside of one of these?

Hosted on Fotki

Whole thing
Dakota_in_the_sky is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

As far as wheels for the Mobile go (and tracks) would the smaller Tiger Joe that sometimes catches buyers out be the right size for 1:24? There was a thread pointing out the existence of these running last year. I should try and find it for you. ED: Found it. From page 8 in this thread.

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...iger+Joe+tanks

Last edited by Bishop; 27-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
Dakota_in_the_sky
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post
As far as wheels for the Mobile go (and tracks) would the smaller Tiger Joe that sometimes catches buyers out be the right size for 1:24? There was a thread pointing out the existence of these running last year. I should try and find it for you. ED: Found it. From page 8 in this thread.

Do you mean quote # 152? Other than that, I can't find any mention of it. The photo links shown are dead. I'll try PMing Eagle-1 ans asking if he has measurements

Thanks, Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42 View Post

Just got a message from Eagle-1 and he said his Tiger Joe is exactly half the size. Thanks Tony!

Adjusted the length to 11 inches. It seems right using the info from the other threads

Hosted on Fotki

Special Thanks to Big Rab for the screen grab. It showed the tire in relationship to a human.

Hosted on Fotki
Dakota_in_the_sky is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote