Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Anderson - Reference Section, Member Builds and Detailing > UFO > Shado mobile

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #81
Odahs
Astrophysics Technician

Not worked on it for a while, my son moved back home to start College so it's been a summer of decorating and we are doing a lot of work in the garden in the good weather.

As all my modelling stuff was in the room my son now has, it is all being stored in a caravan! Hopefully by early Autumn I'll have a new modelling room in the house and my old modelling shed back and I can get back to work on the mobile.

I've thought quite a bit about the lettering. My current idea is to use computer printer decal paper.

There seems to be a couple of options, print it out on a clear decal sheet, so the lettering is transparent and place over an area pre-painted white, or print it out on a white decal sheet. Either way there will need to be some careful colour matching to the top coat of paint but I've done it quite successfully with slot-cars before.

The other option is to find a matching Letracet, not had a lot of time to search for one yet.

Most likely I'll go for the decal paper as there are plenty of other small decals to do as well as the large lettering.
Odahs is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #82
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Cheers Odahs - life always finds a way to interrupt modelling efforts
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #83
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Default Finished at last

Mobile finished - fitted repro decals from ACME3000 on ebay
then constructed mini diorama from pound shop frame and donated tree braches from back garden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UFO Mobile recon.JPG (77.9 KB, 29 views)
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote