Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 31-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

Default Amt eagle part on fed rifle

Anyone know what AMT Eagle part was used on the telescopic butt stock tube of the federation rifles? I think it is an engine cowling or a tank!?
pentel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot

It's one of the back engine pod bits, there's 4 in the kit.

Andy H.
MoonbaseAlpha is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #3
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

Here's another puzzler for you!? The domed bit on the EMA Greeblies of the Federation rifle (The one with the sprue bit the column wedge and the ladder support in place of the standard esso tanker car bits..I think it uses a different part under the girder bridge piece as well!)

I think either you or Kevin put photos of the original prop up..it has the buttstock mounted closer to the fins? and an aztec gold scales on the grip, in a reverse of the standard hazel brown scales over gold grips. It can be seen in screen caps of Aftermath (Servalan) and rescue (Avon/Villa).

also the strap hooks? are they hinges? what are they.. where can one get them? I recall seeing them as both thick and thin items on the various props/screen caps and fan builds. They are a part that like the razor bit on the pistols seem to be rarer than hens teeth now.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot

It was me who put the photos up .

That Fed gun is a bit strange, yes. Even more strange that when Avon uses it in Rescue on location, it's a completely different gun, a standard gun, then as soon as they go into studio it changes to this one.
The ring at the front (behind the red strip) is much smaller too.

Yes it is part of a hinge, which you can still get from any hardware store.
Just get quite a large but hinge, about 4 inch, cut or grind the pin off, so your left with two pieces, then with a hack saw cut them up.

Andy H
MoonbaseAlpha is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Yes, I thought that was quite clever, using a hinge as a sling swivel..and it's economical too, you get two out of each hinge!
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #6
pentel
Hydroponics Technician

does anyone have a photo or a link for the exact hinges... there are two types on the original props a thin sheet metal(?)hinge and a thicker hinge(?) I'd like to see if I could locate something similar here..as some of the British components are not the same in North America.
Old 16-11-2014, 03:50 AM   #7
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentel View Post
does anyone have a photo or a link for the exact hinges... there are two types on the original props a thin sheet metal(?)hinge and a thicker hinge(?) I'd like to see if I could locate something similar here..as some of the British components are not the same in North America.
i just used a small hinge made of brass that had the same dimensions.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote