Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Observatory > Model Making Supplies > Airbrush Equipment

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 28-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
Zagandu
Alphan

Default need some airbrush advice

I decided to buy an airbrush to paint the bodies for my kid's RC car, I'll be masking pretty much everything so i don't think i need fine lines... but i need some advice on which airbrush to buy, how to hook it in to my compressor etc...
Zagandu is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
debrartin
Alphan

Quote:
I decided to buy an airbrush to paint the bodies for my kid's RC car, I'll be masking pretty much everything so i don't think i need fine lines... but i need some advice on which airbrush to buy, how to hook it in to my compressor etc...
You get what you pay for. Those cheap airbrushes MIGHT work for a few cleanings and crap out. They have shitty washers and seals in them that deteriorate with cleaners and are cheap quality.

I've been doing airbrush for quite a while. I have a badger airbrush with an expensive compressor. Have a wild hare a few years ago and sold them. Liked it much better at half the cost. Bought one of their cheap guns too and don't have any problems with that.
debrartin is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Hectors House
Astrophysics Technician

I cannot rate Iwata airbrushes highly enough.
I would recommend the Neo Range.

They start at as little as 55 and rise to 130 and come with a 5 year warranty.

They also work on pressures from 5 - 35psi so you don't need to spend a fortune on compressors.

I would contact The Airbrush Company (01903 767800), or visit their website at Airbrushes.com

The service is also superb!
Hectors House is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #4
debrartin
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectors House View Post
I cannot rate Iwata airbrushes highly enough.
I would recommend the Neo Range.

They start at as little as 55 and rise to 130 and come with a 5 year warranty.

They also work on pressures from 5 - 35psi so you don't need to spend a fortune on compressors.

I would contact The Airbrush Company (01903 767800), or visit their website at Airbrushes.com

The service is also superb!
I don't have any Idea about Neo range. Have you use Neo before?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Hectors House
Astrophysics Technician

I have a Neo CN (Gravity feed) and NTR1 (Trigger Gravity).
(I also have 6 other Iwata brushes, Custom Micron, Eclipse, Hi-Line and Kustom).

The CN is ideal for the new airbrusher (I would go for the Syphon feed as it has a larger paint capacity all for another 7), but still works on low pressures of 15 - 30psi. Solid in construction and relatively easy to use and clean. It comes with a 5 year warranty.
If your only spraying bodyshells its the one to get and will last a lifetime
Airbrush & Compressor will work out around 150.
The trigger versions are 130 and very, very easy to use especially for the beginner. But at a price...

Old 03-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #6
debrartin
Alphan

Thank you @ Hectors House
Old 24-06-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Razout
Alphan

I'd recommend these particular airbrushes;

http://www.paascheairbrush.com/produ...gle-action/h-1

They're single action external mix brushes but they're super heavy duty and you can put all sorts of paint through them with little hassle. I've seen photos from ILM's model making days and those guys used this particular type of brush all the time.

You can also pick them up cheaply from Ebay com in the States - you just have to hope customs don't nail you for import fees.
Razout is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #8
Hectors House
Astrophysics Technician

Yes; Paasche produce the F & H ranges and they are awesome (I own 2 F's, an H & an HS set).
However the Std F & H sets do not come with PTFE seals as std - only the HS set does and as so, this commands a premium price (RC model paint is notoriously noxious stuff).
They also require a minimum of 25 - 30psi of pressure to atomized the paint correctly against 5 - 30psi for Iwata neo.
The Iwata neo stacks up well as an all in one, easy to clean off the shelf airbrush with a 5 year warranty.

Last edited by Hectors House; 24-06-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 26-04-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
ARK III
Waste Technician

thankx for sharing ,,, I use Aztec & Bagger 350,,

Right now im working on a Spray Booth based on Medium Projection Screen TV, I gutted it out & now im looking to make a down draft Box for it & a back draft Suction board

so the Fume's will be Pulled Downward & Backward as im spraying my Large scale KITS.
ARK III is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote