Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Sci-Fi Gaming > Tabletop Gaming

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 19-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #41
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Me too, Tony. Got any progress with yours yet? I'm going to be leaving mine until after August as I have signed up for a weekend workshop then and should be able to do them justice afterwards.
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Nope, all mine are still sat in their packaging, I keep meaning to get started and get a couple of pieces built, but something always seems to come along and stop me.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Oh dear. Still no action on actually painting these fellahs, but just a little note to say that the next 2 "Future Freedom Fighters" are out now. Very reasonable faximilies of Tarrant and Dayna.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I saw them on the Crooked Dice newsletter last week. I see Andy at Ainsty Castings who sells the range quite frequently at shows so will pick up a blister next time I see him.

Did you see the Planet of the Apes, 'Gorilla's' Crooked Dice released not too long ago, I keep thinking about picking some of those figures up, although they would more than likely just sit in their packaging like all the others.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #45
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

I'm going to have to seriously crank up the pressure on these. I've recently moved from GW paints to Vallejo - mainly the "Model Air" range with some "Model Colour". Learning how to use a wet palette and wet blend colours on the model too has really upped my game. I know more about the seven different forms of contrast and now look to get at least 3 on each model.

OK, as I will be trying to copy the costumes seen in the series, my use of colour contrast will be extremely limited, but I should be able to pick up with one of the others.

I'll try and get some of them (re)undercoated and get some pics up as soon as possible.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #46
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I have been using Vallejo paints pretty much exclusively for about three years now, a decision made at the time to save money as the GW paints were getting really expensive, and it was a decision that was proved to be correct after GW completely changed their range of paints last year.

I still have quite a lot of old Citadel paint ranges, a lot of them from the mid 1990s but they are gradually being used up and not replaced.

I switched to using Vallejo mainly for the military colours, and have the complete range of 'Model Colour' and 'Model Air' range as well. Only last week I bought a few bottles of the new Vallejo 'Wash' range, but not tried them out yet.

Before Citadel switched to their new paint system, the Vallejo 'Game Colour' range was virtually an exact match for the old GW colours, a deliberate act by Vallejo to lure customers away from GW around 7 to 8 years ago.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:08 AM   #47
mrpsychopath
Communications Officer

does anyone here play warhammer fantasy. I have several cases of figures that will be going on evil bay in the future. thought I might offer them up here before evil bay, if there is any interest I will put up pics. think all armies are catered for. humans, undead, dwarves, skaven elves, lizardmen etc. plus gw carry cases.
mrpsychopath is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #48
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

And the next two "Future Freedom fighters" from Crooked Dice will be available in August. A Haggard bounty hunter with pistol in his waistband, suspiciously Federated Security looking rifle, and a scar over one eye, and a pony-tailed, pistol packing freedom fightger. AKA Blake from "Blake", and Soolin.

More info here

Last edited by Conrad Turner; 11-06-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #49
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Turner View Post
And the next two "Future Freedom fighters" from Crooked Dice will be available in August. A Haggard bounty hunter with pistol in his waistband, suspiciously Federated Security loooking rifle, and a scar over one eye, and a pony-tailed, pistol packing freedom fightger. AKA Blake from "Blake", and Soolin.

More info here

Ah, that brings back memories! No one to play such things with anymore, sadly.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #50
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Don't play either, just enjoy model-making, and these are subjects that appeal.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #51
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Turner View Post
Don't play either, just enjoy model-making, and these are subjects that appeal.

Well, I used to write them back in the '90s...rather miss that, especially since there was another staff member that did the actual statistical analysis and probability stuff.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #52
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Default Crooked Dice "Future Freedom Fighters"

OK, finally got round to stripping Blake and Gan last weekend, then redoing the priming on them.

Here's the lot, including Jon Pertwee and Nick Courtney as the Doctor and Brigadier.

Blake, Gan, and Soolin primed and ready for some colour.

I use Vallejo surface primer in black for a complete coat, grey to pick up the mid-tones (airbrushed from just above the waist at a downward angle so shadows stay black) and a small coat of white for the highlights (more extreme angle downwards from above the head, either full on to the face or off to one side depending on the model and effect I want.)

Exactly the same technique is used no matter what the size of model, such as this 54mm Imperial Kasrkin Sgt I picked up

Or these SD Spock and Picard figures.

I'll probably continue on with the SD figures so I can show people how I paint figures, and show the Crooked Dice figures as they go through the same stages to prove it can be done on that size of figure - although the pictures on the Crooked Dice website ought to do that!