Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Anderson - Reference Section, Member Builds and Detailing > Space 1999 > The Eagles

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 15-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
karlwb
Alphan

Default Eagle One - Original walkway details

Hi All, my first post!

I'm working on a scratch built 1/43 scale Eagle transporter; I originally started building it about 18 years ago, not to any specific scale but up to a size (about 24 inches) and I think that scales to about 1/43. I completed it but was never fully satisfied.

At the moment I'm going over it again and finishing it to my liking now. Originally I got a lot of detail from the old Sci Fi and Fantasy modeller magazine special Space:1999 edition.

One top down photo in that publication shows the top of the walkways detaild with what looks like front and back halves of the Lunar module from the 1/144 scale Airfix kit - just as it appears in the latest Round 2 22 inch Eagle kit.

However, I've also seen in various publications and on the Internet a restoration of the original 'Eagle One' done by Davis Sissons and this appears to show very different details on the upper walkway surfaces; not like the Round 2 Eagle kit at all.

Does any one know if the walkway details were changed between season one and season two of Space:1999; I know that the Engines were changed to allow gas to be discharged from the main engine bells for filming, so was wondering if these details might have been changes also.

Any information greatly received.

Kind regards

Karl
karlwb is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
Scifitodd
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlwb View Post
Hi All, my first post!

I'm working on a scratch built 1/43 scale Eagle transporter; I originally started building it about 18 years ago, not to any specific scale but up to a size (about 24 inches) and I think that scales to about 1/43. I completed it but was never fully satisfied.

At the moment I'm going over it again and finishing it to my liking now. Originally I got a lot of detail from the old Sci Fi and Fantasy modeller magazine special Space:1999 edition.

One top down photo in that publication shows the top of the walkways detaild with what looks like front and back halves of the Lunar module from the 1/144 scale Airfix kit - just as it appears in the latest Round 2 22 inch Eagle kit.

However, I've also seen in various publications and on the Internet a restoration of the original 'Eagle One' done by Davis Sissons and this appears to show very different details on the upper walkway surfaces; not like the Round 2 Eagle kit at all.

Does any one know if the walkway details were changed between season one and season two of Space:1999; I know that the Engines were changed to allow gas to be discharged from the main engine bells for filming, so was wondering if these details might have been changes also.

Any information greatly received.

Kind regards

Karl
The 44" eagle walkways on eagle one are correct, the Round2 22" walkways were duplicated for ease of manufacturing and keeping the tooling numbers down to minimal. The kit is based on the ship as it appeared early in season 1. The model was redressed and details changed as filming went along. In some a few minor instances details have been simplified or compromised from how the miniature looked. The sub-assemblies of the kit will go together in much the same way as the original did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scifitodd is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote