Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #21
Jonathan E
Medical Technician

I was never really a fan or Orac, but I really admire the skill and hard work you have put into this fantastic replica. Really well done.
Jonathan E is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #22
Solarick
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
That looks as good, if not better than the real prop, very well done. Do you mind me asking how much it cost in total with the laser cut parts etc, to assemble ? I'm guessing a few hundred in either dollars or UK sterling ?
There is a couple of hundred in acrylic then cutting and about a week to put together, then there are the circuits and the key to make, the button is from a vintage gemini kit, so that took a while to win one on ebay....
Solarick is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #23
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarick View Post
There is a couple of hundred in acrylic then cutting and about a week to put together, then there are the circuits and the key to make, the button is from a vintage gemini kit, so that took a while to win one on ebay....

Still, I'd like to encourage you to consider a kit: I'd buy one.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #24
Solarick
Weapons Technician

Evening all, a year and a week later finally finished the super computer, never programmed chips before and facebook kindly reminded me a week ago it was a year since I got my picaxe programming starter kit.
Modified it so now it has 4 switches like the original one has, a removable battery pack (the whole lot runs on 3xAA batteries).
Also reprogrammed it all to sense the key and not have it as the on/off switch, this enables it to play the dying off sound and then reset to wait for the key to be detected again.
Another modification was to add a variable sensor for the light sensor, this allows it to be set to the ambient light and triggered by a shadow over the sensor (which is also movable to the best position to pick up the shadow).
Managed to find 21 phrases on the internet, which are programmed on a micro sd card and are picked off in order which play when the light sensor is detected.
The 4 switches can turn off each circuit, brain, sensor ring and sound, the last switch is the main on/off switch.
Hope you all like it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRnwAUrxRGQ
Old 29-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #25
Boldman
Astrophysics Technician

Excellent, love the dying sound...
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #26
Solarick
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Salad View Post
Still, I'd like to encourage you to consider a kit: I'd buy one.
This could be sorted out but 'How 'kit' like' ?

The Box is fine, as are all the inside tubes and coloured cells, there are 5 circuits in total, as now got it to make the buzzing noise, and then a variable light sensor on the talking board, so you can adjust the light level to the room you are in, then when you move past the sensor (which is also loose so can be positioned to the back or front or top) it plays 21 phrases that can be replaced if you record them to a micro sd card and put that in as well, each sound card has volume controls , next circuit is the red 4x4 flashing one and a random brain ball light and last is the 16 chaser circuit, the 4 main switches can switch off the sound/brain+4x4/chaser and a master on/off switch.
The power is on a removable 4.5V battery box.
All activated by the key.

The circuits take the most time to construct, and wiring, once the Brain/4x4 and the 2 panels are built and tested they are sort of plug and play which would then mean the whole lot would just needs glueing together and the tube ends cleaning up once the inserts are glued in.
Old 24-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #27
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarick View Post
This could be sorted out but 'How 'kit' like' ?.
Well, I wouldn't expect you to put as much work into it as the deluxe job you did for yourself: i'd be happy if the lights all worked when you put the key in.

That would be all it would need to look accurate and operational on camera, too.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #28
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer

I am suddenly interested in this as well as Ham...have PM'd you Solarick
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #29
Solarick
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
I am suddenly interested in this as well as Ham...have PM'd you Solarick