Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Anderson - Reference Section, Member Builds and Detailing > Captain Scarlet > Angel Interceptor

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Default Angel Interceptor Drawings.

Courtesy of Phil Rae.

If referencing these drawings elsewhere on the web, please link to this page rather than posting elsewhere, thanks.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Wardster
Computer Technician

Too awesome! Thanks for allowing these drawings to be "shared" by other fans of the design! Very kind and generous of you, Mr. Rae! (And to your buddy, for posting them.)

Don't read anything bad into this comment, folks, but it puts a smile on my face to see things like blueprints in the still-half-pencil stage. I'm glad to see that a pencil and "time to see things differently" is still one of the best ways to make sure a set of drawings is accurate. When I do drawings of my own, they end up smeared and scribbled on, quite a bit, in the earliest stages ... and it's pleasant, I think, to see I'm not alone in those habits!

Thanks again!
Wardster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
miger1
Astrophysics Technician

Can anyone re-post the colour Angel Interceptor model profile photos please?
miger1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
JD
Medical Officer

They're on Phil Broad's Model Builders Reference Vault here.
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
Wardster
Computer Technician

Dumb (newbie) question: if a person wanted to obtain a copy of Mr. Rae's drawings of the Supercar model, where would they look?

I realize many of his blueprints were once printed in a now-out-of-print fanzine called SIG; but I presume Mr. Rae still has the rights to them, and that it's not uncool for someone like me (who's working on a replica of the Hepcat sub from Stingray -- the original of which may have used the bubble canopy pieces from Supercar) ... to ask about possibly seeing those drawings; so he could build his replica better; and also be able to do better blueprints, once it was done? Any chance he'd allow a one-time post of the Supercar blueprints? Or one of his buddies would e-mail me a copy of them (with his permission, of course!)? Or ...?
Wardster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 22-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
dukedexter
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardster View Post
Dumb (newbie) question: if a person wanted to obtain a copy of Mr. Rae's drawings of the Supercar model, where would they look?

I realize many of his blueprints were once printed in a now-out-of-print fanzine called SIG; but I presume Mr. Rae still has the rights to them, and that it's not uncool for someone like me (who's working on a replica of the Hepcat sub from Stingray -- the original of which may have used the bubble canopy pieces from Supercar) ... to ask about possibly seeing those drawings; so he could build his replica better; and also be able to do better blueprints, once it was done? Any chance he'd allow a one-time post of the Supercar blueprints? Or one of his buddies would e-mail me a copy of them (with his permission, of course!)? Or ...?
The Supercar blueprint was in SIG Issue 3.
I'm wondering whether the Supercar cabin 'bubble' was put on Hepcat backwards. Look at the shape of the glass and the position of the castellated beam (rear of Supercar, front of Hepcat).
dukedexter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

Awesome pictures, are these originals? My Anderson 'fact book' (sounds childish now i've written it!) says that the Angel design was 'invented' on a Concorde flight to America
FeRaHGo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #8
JD
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeRaHGo View Post
Awesome pictures, are these originals?
No, these are Phil's own work, after the fact. But he does (or did) own Derek Medding's original Interceptor, which gives them a pretty good pedigree!
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

wow pretty awesome!
original Angels eh? lucky him!
FeRaHGo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
Jonathan E
Medical Technician

My latest drawing of the Angel Interceptor.
http://fav.me/d8ptfeg

Last edited by Jonathan E; 16-04-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Jonathan E is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote