Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Observatory > All that Glisters - Wanted Requests

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
david_b
Life Support Technician

Default Looking for custom extras for Mattel Eagle..

Gents (and ladies..):

I just found this Forum and have been greatly impressed with all your work. HUGE Eagle fan since the show first came on, and I finally bought a nice condition Mattel ship a few years back (it STILL drives kids and old timers my age nuts when I haul it out..). I've pretty much kept it as is, except for buying the custom JBOT decals with the decals/patches for the ship, figures and lifesupport packs.

Can anyone here provide me leads on scaled buggys, strap-on boosters, accurate landing gear, and other additions for the Mattel ship..? I've seen eBay auctions come and go, but will most likely decide to purchase some stuff this year.

I'm serving in Kuwait now and am interested in buying stuff already built/painted.

I've also got the vintage Palitoy figures, and am hunting down an Action Jackson buggy (1:9 scale) for those, NOT the larger GI Joe ATV.

Thanks much,

David B.
david_b is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
OldMattelEagle
Waste Technician

I'm also about to undertake a similar project and would like to find sources for Mattel Eagle custom parts. I just saw an awesome project sell on ebay today, modified into a lab with hinged doors that lifted up on either side. It's just amazing the neat mods that can be made to these classic toys.
OldMattelEagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
david_b
Life Support Technician

I saw that too! Very, very impressive. As I've seen here already, lots of folks have taken them apart, repainted, customized the interior, etc.. I thought about that several times, but finally just concluded to just keep it as a vintage toy, not a detailed replica, so I just bought the super-nice JBOT stickers and kept it as such.

david_b
david_b is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Hi Guys,
I've been working on making custom parts for the Mattel Eagle for the last few years. (Some of my restored ships are floating around here on the forum. http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=9970 ) I've got several interior components mastered including some nice 3D bulkhead doors. I've also made some clip-on side panels which cover up the flat areas on the sides with cage details. Most recently I mastered new landing feet and side doors for the passanger pod. I've offered castings of these components to anyone interested.

CollectinMikey (AKA Mick from Seattle) sells most of the customized eagles on ebay.
That was probably one of his. A couple weeks ago he sent me an old Mattel Eagle scale moon buggy which I'm rebuilding and preparing to cast. It should be ready in a few weeks. When it is I'm going to offer copies to forum members eiter as a kit or built and finished.

If you're interested in adding to your Eagle and want parts or tips....just ask.
Cheers!
Designasaurus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
OldMattelEagle
Waste Technician

A scale moon buggy would be nice to see. I have been looking at the green colorTonka ATV 6 wheelers on ebay recently. They look like they have potential for customization, but may just hold off to see what you come up with.
OldMattelEagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
troy0571
Medical Technician

yes i need most of the parts you offer so please give me your info as soon as posable. thanks
troy0571 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

I'd just like some kind of kit to make the mattel look like a studio scale eagle.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

The proportions are all out of whack. You'd need to re-size everything to make it into a studio scale model. There are images of one such project out there. The guy stretched the pod, rebuilt the exterior cages, and made completely new landing gear and other bits.

Check out some of the images of my retrofits. When complete they look quite nice. They're not 'accurate' but they sure look convincing enough hanging in my studio.

Cheers!
Designasaurus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designasaurus View Post
The proportions are all out of whack. You'd need to re-size everything to make it into a studio scale model. There are images of one such project out there. The guy stretched the pod, rebuilt the exterior cages, and made completely new landing gear and other bits.
Well, how about a kit to do that?
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
ferrarikeith
Waste Technician

I am interested in some doors for the pod on my mattel eagle. Please let me know how much.I need four doors, Thanks!
ferrarikeith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 24-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Irish62
Alphan

Hi,
New to this thread and am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a couple parts for my Eagle spaceship that I bought at a flea market 25 years ago and has been in a box since.

I need the back packs, the crane, 1 rear engine thruster and the stun guns, Thank you kindly for your time. Take care.

ps...great job Mick from Seattle with how you redid the spaceship. WOW!
Irish62 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
derekjason1968
Alphan

I'm looking for replacement side doors for the plastic 1976 Mattel Eagle toy. They don't have to be the originals, but an accurate reproduction of the originals would be more than acceptable. Not a collector, just trying to restore the toy I've had for 37 years.
derekjason1968 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #13
Omnirez
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designasaurus View Post
Hi Guys,
I've been working on making custom parts for the Mattel Eagle for the last few years. (Some of my restored ships are floating around here on the forum. http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=9970 ) I've got several interior components mastered including some nice 3D bulkhead doors. I've also made some clip-on side panels which cover up the flat areas on the sides with cage details. Most recently I mastered new landing feet and side doors for the passanger pod. I've offered castings of these components to anyone interested.

CollectinMikey (AKA Mick from Seattle) sells most of the customized eagles on ebay.
That was probably one of his. A couple weeks ago he sent me an old Mattel Eagle scale moon buggy which I'm rebuilding and preparing to cast. It should be ready in a few weeks. When it is I'm going to offer copies to forum members eiter as a kit or built and finished.

If you're interested in adding to your Eagle and want parts or tips....just ask.
Cheers!
Hi new here,

@Designasaurus

You mention that you have been casting repro parts. I have a mattel eagle nearly complete that I would like to paint and customize much like you have, but need to complete it first. I am missing a side hatch door, a large landing gear, the cones on the engines, 1 chair and 1 side thruster. Being that the side hatch is rather large I thought I'd make one out of mylar (I also make molds and castings but am quite amateur). I was wondering if you had repro parts for sale, or recommendations on where I might find stand-ins (like the toilet mounting screw covers you used for the bottom cones), as im not hoping for original parts, since I will be painting and modifying the ship. Ebay costs for replacement parts are quite astonishingly high. Thank you for your time.
Omnirez is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote