Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Aliens

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
jtparker
Waste Technician

Default My Nostromo kit

This one of two a Nostromo Kits I am doing, ..here is just a hint of the large one. It is complete with Shuttle hangar, and all the antennas. in this pic, I have some Hull detail. The Model is about 30% finished. I have corrected a few small details since this picture from a couple weeks ago....The resin model consists of heavy parts almost like a brick, and creativity and dedication makes the rest of this beast.

There is very interesting history in these 25+ year old molds I poured this prototype kit for myself before I redid many (still in the process) and made parts even better...

Last edited by jtparker; 08-05-2009 at 06:02 AM.
jtparker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

JTParker, great photos, just watch their size, a little large at present. Whose kit is it? looks great.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
jtparker
Waste Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
JTParker, great photos, just watch their size, a little large at present. Whose kit is it? looks great.

ooops, sorry about the size. The kits are from two sets of molds I purchased, one the very old mold set (25+ years old) A.E.F. Nostromo kit, I have had to redo 30% of them so far with more modern Silicone, and the other I purchased from a British guy living in California an F/X nostromo mold set, which the hull and the nacelles I repaired and remolded in modern materials so I could retire the originals and keep the kits alive. Thank you for your interest and advice on the picture size! I will keep them smaller next time

Last edited by jtparker; 09-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
jtparker
Waste Technician

Another Picture of the Nostromo in progress...

Last edited by jtparker; 10-06-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 17-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #5
jtparker
Waste Technician

Here is the new airlock that is being incorporated into the final kit form of the Nostromo kits. This was pretty much a consensus thing with a lot of people helping out with many screen captures and Space Jockey doing the final lift and observation blister on his blueprints (Thanks as Lot SJ for all the hard work....