Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #81
Olliect
Waste Technician

Hey Andy,

I don't suppose you are interested in making one to order are you?

Mark
Olliect is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #82
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

Hi Andy,

I am a big fan of B7, and I saw this a few weeks ago, but then promptly forgot to comment about it - oops!!

That's a beautiful build - it's almost a shame to paint it!!

What did you use for "the yellow thing" (technical term), I presume it's a small bead or something with a bit of EMA/Plastruct tube underneath? I guess the corresponding part on Mat's original would have been a Plastruct part (perhaps a light fitting?) that has been discontinued?

Phil
Exterminator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #83
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot

Hi Mark

Yeah I wouldn't mind doing another one.
I've got most the kit parts in stock, except for a few key bits that you, or we would have to get...
2 x hairdryers
2 x R2 D2 kits
1 x AMT Cabover

The Cabeover is the most expensive...
They tend manly to be in the US, but you may be lucky on ebay at somepiont.

Anyway, let me know.

Andy.

Last edited by MoonbaseAlpha; 06-07-2011 at 12:35 AM.
MoonbaseAlpha is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #84
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the comments

The little yellow balls are something I bought years ago, they are plastic pellets for a toy gun. They were dirt cheap and you get about a hundred in the pack (which was shaped like a transparent hand grenade). They are made from a quite a hard plastic that glues with EMA solvent.
They've been really usefull over the years...
The tube underneath is from an Airfix Harrier kit.

The clear ball on the central prong at the front is made from part of a discarded prop molicule from "Tomorrow's World", I thought it was quite apt to put a screen used bit into it.

I've always loved Blake's 7 too, that and Doctor Who are what got me into Visual Effects.
I have quite a few original props/models/costumes from the show. My fav prop is the miniature Orac complete in it's silver box from "Gambit", this was given to me by Peter Pegrum (one of the VisFX Designers on season 2) when he was cleaning out his office one day... btw, after a change of batteries it still works...
The box was one of those box lights from "Weapon" revamped.
I was working for Perry Braham at the time, when I was changing the batteries he came around the corner and said "Oh, I made that"

I think we should start a main Blake's 7 thread to put up peoples biulds and original stuff...

Andy

Last edited by MoonbaseAlpha; 06-07-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #85
starshine
Life Support Technician

That's so amazing! Love what you did. I've got a couple of old used hairdryers that don't work.
starshine is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #86
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that, I remember seeing the "hand grenade" full of pellets, so I guess they would be 5 or 6mm.

Blake's 7 - can't get enough of it, lots of lovely things to replicate! I'm working my way through a list of less obvious things to reproduce, from simple stuff like the "Security Zone" sign from "Pressure Point" up to a full-size Liberator escape capsule ("Aftermath") ... I was considering a full-size Spacemaster, but that met with ... "customer resistance" from the missus so it'll have to be a small one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonbaseAlpha View Post
I think we should start a main Blake's 7 thread to put up peoples biulds and original stuff...
Perhaps we should!!

Phil
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #87
CR
Science Officer

Hey, guys, I'm checking on having a B7 sub-forum in Breakaway... I passed along a note about interest in it!
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #88
karr1981
Assistant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR View Post
Hey, guys, I'm checking on having a B7 sub-forum in Breakaway... I passed along a note about interest in it!
Ask and you will receive :-)

New Blakes 7 section now open

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...play.php?f=344

CR could you help move any relevant threads over?

Cheers guys, and enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #89
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot

Mangamax,

Have you done more on your build ??

Andy.
Old 26-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #90
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

PLEASE NOTE - I have moved all the Spacemaster-related posts to a new thread here, as it deserves it's own thread.

Thanks,

Phil

Old 26-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #91
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Blooming power mad I tell you.

It's a good idea, it does deserve it own thread as a suspect there will be building too.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 06:33 AM   #92
portland182
Astrophysics Technician

just spotted this!
Is this yours?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blakes-7-S...6#ht_500wt_949
portland182 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #93
Spaceresearcher
Waste Technician

Decided to prep my two Morphy Richards hair dryers today for creating the famous Hairdryer spaceship.

Could someone kindly tell me if I should remove the black exhaust outlet covers and glue the 2 pieces together that way, or do you leave them on and glue the 2 halves together.
Thank you.

Also in the name of safety, I could be wrong but for anyone else looking into producing one of these legendary replica's of the studio scale model, please be aware that upon opening the cases, I looked in horror at what could possibly be 'ASBESTOS' card, used for the heating elements. Be careful when opening these and discard of this carefully. What ever you do, be sure not to break it and let it powder or anything like that. As it's from 1972, there's a strong chance that it would be asbestos as it was used for many heat absorption applications from car brake pads and fire wall insulation through to ceiling boards and even guttering on some buildings. This is dangerous material as if you inhale any powder from it, you've pretty well got it in your lungs for the rest of your life. Having worked with someone who breathed like Darth Vader from it, I felt it important to let everyone know.

Otherwise, the rest of the components are perfectly harmless and feature usable material. The classic contact switch is nice and the motor could be great if you need to wind other motors or even use the motors for some other project.

Anyway, I've cleaned up the casings with Isopropyl Alcohol and am cringing at all the expensive kits required to complete the build. Left the slider for the switch floating in there as it's covered over anyway so I thought I may as well just leave it in there for support and glue it when I put the switch hole covers on. Would really appreciate tips on the joining of the 2 halves. Thank you all.
Spaceresearcher is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #94
MangaMax
Eagle Pilot

Blimey, this thread is a blast from the past!
Yeah, i discarded the black covers, glued the two together, and i think that left a small trench between the two that i filled with P38, which gave it an even stronger bond.
Never spotted the asbestos when i gutted them! Pretty sure everthing went straight into the bin, with minimum handling.
MangaMax is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #95
Spaceresearcher
Waste Technician

Thank you very much for the prompt response MangaMax, it makes sense as with the black covers in the road, it wouldn't be a flush join, so I think I'll proceed to do the same. Looking at your build and Mr Irvine's original, the size does seem to indicate that's the way to go as the gap seems a touch too large with the black pieces left in.
Spaceresearcher is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Tags
blakes 7, capsule, federation, pursuit ship, spacemaster