Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Star Wars

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #41
thundergod
Astrophysics Technician

Having enjoyed putting together the AAT , I thought I'd do another , but this time make it a variant . I call it the AAT-SO ( Armoured Assault Tank Special Ordnance ), a heavy weapons version of the Trade Republic Tank . I moved the gunner's hatch from the turret to the forward hull and added weapons from the spares box . I still need to add a few details such as grab handles and rails , as well as a few more bits and bobs . Like the earlier AAT , I took inspiration for the colour scheme from WW2 armour and my only plans going into it was to give it a real "beat up" look . I've developed a real soft spot for this kit and might even do a couple more !

thundergod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #42
pfleming@jbt.co.uk
Communications Officer

Default Beat up? Not half....

I read somewhere that it doesn't matter how well constructed a kit may be, a poor paint job can let the whole thing down. The "beat up" look of this tank is spot-on, and it looks just fantastic. Never a fan of the ever-expanding Star Wars universe, but I can certainly appreciate what a great variant this one is. Well done and thanks for letting us see it,

Kindest regards

Patrick
pfleming@jbt.co.uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #43
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Great paint job and variant look forward to the others
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #44
thundergod
Astrophysics Technician

I've started work on another variant Tank to add to my Trade Federation army .( The "Special Ordnance" version is still a w.i.p , but I thought it as easy to work on two as it is on one !) This time , I'm going for a "Shield Generator" or "AAT-SG" . Like on the previous tank , I've moved the pilot's hatch to the forward fuselage and in common with the first Tank , I've been inspired by WW2 German "Splinter" camo for the paint scheme . I also added some grab handles from thin wire and a few "sensor pods" . This version will be less battle damaged as I see this tank to be less in the thick of the action and therefore more "pristine" .

Here I've added a little weathering .

I've begun to put together the "shield generator" from a plastic salad spoon , part of the original tank gun and bits from the spares box .

And here's it is mocked up before I began to add paint .
thundergod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote