Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Red Dwarf

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Not only that, the first series was fuzzy old PAL, and now everything has to be done to 1080p....

It's surprising how quick film has died. I've been in a couple of things over here, and everything has gone over to Red Digital.
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #22
saurus
Chief Eagle Pilot

Hi Guys!

Just saw the latest photos from Dave Channel. Like to clarify - we sharpened up the detail
and made the asteroid. The original, as far as I know, was built by Mike Tucker's Team.
Credit, where's Credit's due.

Cheers, Bill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saurus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #23
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Smile

Good stuff anyhow!
deraenged is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
saurus
Chief Eagle Pilot

Hi Guys!

Some of the models - old and new, going on sale in December. I'll post lots of photos by then!
Cheers, Bill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

hi bill
the large landing leg you made for alien is on display at the event dennis invited you to this weekend. you are wanted as a guest. i would like to see you....i am takin all my alien model souvenirs n so is dennis lowe. why dont you join us? it will be mega.
all you have to do is turn up with your engine room window....n entertain da troops.
phil
ps starbug willbe there too!
call dennis he is there now

Last edited by deraenged; 07-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #26
saurus
Chief Eagle Pilot

Hi Phil!
Good to hear from you after all this time! Sorry, but I must decline your invite. I'm designing and building a Time Machine for a movie project. If I'm successful - I'll see you the day before yesterday! But seriously, Thanks, and see you next time!
All the Best, Bill.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Smile

hi bill....GREAT to hear from you...you missed a terrific weekend with dennis, but as you said you can still go when you have finished your time machine, but then of course you wouldnt get this message...lol!
i have missed you andour close friendship...we both know why but its still a shame.
i am coming down this week to meet up with dennis to do my interview for alien makes v.... perhap we can all meet up?
concerning MOON, i have one of the rovers, the comm building the return craft and the recue ship (which i believe you built?).....do you still have "fireball xl6" LOL! i'd love to see it.
please pm me and we can swop emailss and phone numbers
keep up the good work
cheers
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurus View Post
Hi Phil!
Good to hear from you after all this time! Sorry, but I must decline your invite. I'm designing and building a Time Machine for a movie project. If I'm successful - I'll see you the day before yesterday! But seriously, Thanks, and see you next time!
All the Best, Bill.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
healvis
Communications Officer

Phil, They are trying to id' the parts used on the Narcissus over on the RPF scale models section. It looks like they are going to have a kit coming out once they have all the parts. You might be interested.
John.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by healvis View Post
Phil, They are trying to id' the parts used on the Narcissus over on the RPF scale models section. It looks like they are going to have a kit coming out once they have all the parts. You might be interested.
John.
hi john
HA! they have missed the boat, but thanks for the heads up!
i already have a s scale kit in production produced under my personal supervision....its about to go into rubber. we will be selling kits or finished built ups painted n weathered by me....and pesonally signed by me......at an exorbitant extra cost of course alla mjb! LOL!
i was just about to reveal this to the world incl rpf so your message couldnt be a more timely co-incidence
why the guys at rpf havent already tried to contact me i dont know....its crazy....i am a member there ...and some even have my email!!!, but i dont go on there very often.
if YOU wanna tell dem what i have said here please go ahead. i know ALL the kit parts unlikr bower! bower claim to have built n detailed the original. that is simply NOT true.....most of the detailing and ALL off the painting n weathering was done by me.the actual model itself was a collaberation between several members of the model shop team! when i have time i will name all of those involved. in fact i am being interviewd this week by dennis lowe for the next alien makers doco, to properly record my own contribution, whilst correctly giving credit to the actual people that did work claimed by....well...need i say more? i will post pics of the model we have produced (incl a creating it thread in due course on the alien hardware thread where i will get your posting and this reply moved to!)
cheers
phil Rae
ps pm me youe email address n fone no.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

bernie pls can u transfer the above 2 posts to the alien hardware thread...ta!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #31
tastic1
Geological Technician

Default The New Thunderbirds series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
I found this whilst researching the New Thunderbirds series:

If it works then there is no reason they couldn't commission new series of other classics, smart marketing at "Dave" and a world of future possibilities....

http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/index.php?...ci-fi&Itemid=5

Cap'n
I heard from a fairly reliable source that ITV are planning a non Gerry Anderson produced, not puppets, not CGI, (wait for it) cartoon series of Thunderbirds with an American broadcaster and Bandai... Unbelievable...
tastic1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #32
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastic1 View Post
I heard from a fairly reliable source that ITV are planning a non Gerry Anderson produced, not puppets, not CGI, (wait for it) cartoon series of Thunderbirds with an American broadcaster and Bandai... Unbelievable...
NOOOOOO! DONT DO IT!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
yorkie
Geological Technician

Darn it. So Gerry's CGI Thunderbirds series came to naught. It's been a couple of years with no news on Gerry's new version so it wasn't unexpected.

I do wonder if the proposed UFO movie and Space 2099 TV series will ever get made either. Then there's the plan for a new US version of Blakes's 7 !? I do wonder why companies buy up the rights to British SF TV and then these things never get made. Down to the money men I suppose.

By the way Phil I remember seeing pics in some magazines (SIG perhaps?) of your early SF models (pre - Tomorrow People) . They were pretty awesome and I'm sure I recognised a few Airfix parts. Any chance of showing them here?
yorkie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
I do wonder why companies buy up the rights to British SF TV and then these things never get made.
Money falling through, projects being avoided due to being associated with someone else who has left, etc. etc. In other words, "Development Hell".
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
deraenged
Chief Eagle Pilot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
Darn it. So Gerry's CGI Thunderbirds series came to naught. It's been a couple of years with no news on Gerry's new version so it wasn't unexpected.

By the way Phil I remember seeing pics in some magazines (SIG perhaps?) of your early SF models (pre - Tomorrow People) . They were pretty awesome and I'm sure I recognised a few Airfix parts. Any chance of showing them here?
gerry has alzheimers sadly
thanks for your kind comments about my stuff...the pics were in issue 6 n 7 i think of century 21 mag
i did post pics here somewhere, but when i have time i will put some more up
phil

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
yorkie
Geological Technician

Yes, very sad about Gerry. It was his driving force for years to remake Thunderbirds.

I found the fuzzy pics of Phil's early models in the forum here:
http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=4528
Very impressive. Hope you're able to post some more pics when you get the time, and tell us a little about what they were made from. Cheers!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
roomwithaview86
Alphan

Did anyone catch the first episode of RDX last night? Some really nice model shots in there, and a couple of very interesting ones in the opening credits. Well done Bill and team!

ps: a few low quality screencaps below...

Last edited by roomwithaview86; 05-10-2012 at 12:24 PM.
roomwithaview86 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #38
yorkie
Geological Technician

Yes, really enjoyed it. I was laughing out loud at some of the gags. Great model work too. I noticed the FX crew weren't credited. Anyone know the full FX crew list? Well done to everyone involved, looking forward to next weeks episode.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
jockdeboer
Medical Technician

Is there a way to see it here in the states?
jockdeboer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
roomwithaview86
Alphan

It's floating around on Youtube at the moment if you Google 'Red Dwarf Trojan'...
roomwithaview86 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote