Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #1
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Default Why didn't Product Enterprise do the Nuclear waste pod?

They did just about all the other pod variants but not probably the second best version after the transporter pod? A real shame.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician

They also didn't do the cargo pod variant with the claw instead of the magnet and they crane arm eagle. I would have bought all 3 of those to complete the set.
Tech_Designer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

I forgot about that. Unfortunately now they're doing those expensive things instead of doing more diecasts.
Old 26-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Not to defend PE or anything, but at the end of the day they were/are a business and need to make profit to survive. The fact they stopped making the 12" die cast range, would indicate it was not paying anymore, either profit margins not high enough or their 'Granada' licence ran out! Remember these were produced back in the 'boom' years were credit/money was cheap and the range only became valuable after it ceased production, A relative of mine has a shop and was stocking the full range of eagles back at the end of the last decade, he told me he only paid about 18-20 each for the stock! So I don't think there will be any more produced any time soon
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 01:44 AM   #5
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
Not to defend PE or anything, but at the end of the day they were/are a business and need to make profit to survive. The fact they stopped making the 12" die cast range, would indicate it was not paying anymore, either profit margins not high enough or their 'Granada' licence ran out! Remember these were produced back in the 'boom' years were credit/money was cheap and the range only became valuable after it ceased production, A relative of mine has a shop and was stocking the full range of eagles back at the end of the last decade, he told me he only paid about 18-20 each for the stock! So I don't think there will be any more produced any time soon

Probably not but I'm sure the Eagles sold well. Then they had the disaster with the Mobile paintjob and then the SPV which wasn't that inspring.

Old 14-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
PMarlowe
Travel Tube Technician

I have the cannisters up on Shapeways, but scaled to the Dinky and the Konami Eagles. I can easily upload a version for the PE Scaled Eagles. Just let me know if that'd be useful to you.

Sean.
PMarlowe is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
Fenton
Chef

Hi guys , just curious as to whether there's a working winch mechanism on the freighter variant (as there was on the Dinky model , albeit very simplistic) ?
Fenton is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
PMarlowe
Travel Tube Technician

No, the PE Winch pod has no actual working mechanism. There is a simple string attached to a winch head. It's a bit annoying because there is nowhere for that winch head to go so when you land your Eagle, you have to land the head first, then move to the side and land. I wish there was some way to stow the head, but there is not.

As for my Dinky Shapeways pod, there is no working mechanism. Nor have I even created the winch head, which now that I think of it, I should definitely do.

It would be very hard (and likely crazy expensive on Shapeways) to make a working mechanism, though it's not something I am dismissing out of hand.

(Cause when something like this comes up, my brain immediately starts working on the problem...)

Sean.

Last edited by PMarlowe; 23-06-2016 at 09:45 PM.
PMarlowe is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMarlowe View Post

It would be very hard (and likely crazy expensive on Shapeways) to make a working mechanism, though it's not something I am dismissing out of hand.

(Cause when something like this comes up, my brain immediately starts working on the problem...)

Sean.
Had you considered a jobber OTHER than shapeways? I know one that claims they can beat their price by at least 50%....
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote