Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #41
Hectors House
Astrophysics Technician
 
Hectors House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 329
Default

I'll post some pics prior to print.
Can't really do that until it's been previewed on the site.
Sorry
Hectors House is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #42
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot
 
Richard Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Warrior, Alabama
Posts: 526
Default

Which issue will this appear in? I recently got a digital subscription
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #43
Scifitodd
Forum Supporter
 
Scifitodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 377
Default

I'm not sure if you guys have heard but we are having a Space 1999 convention in New Jersey July 28th-30th.

Prentis Hancock
Nick Tate
Anton Phillips
Pam Rose
Barbara Bain is Tentative
Dave Hirsch (He's bringing original screen used models)

www.alpha-2017.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alpha.jpg (101.8 KB, 4 views)
__________________
Scifitodd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scifitodd is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #44
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer
 
Slate Mcleod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Merseyside, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Baker View Post
Which issue will this appear in? I recently got a digital subscription
Am guessing with the recent news we won't get to see this article in actual print, so maybe it can be shared online now?
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #45
tazman2000
Travel Tube Technician
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 56
Default

If somebody from here goes, please get a side profile pic of the Superswift, if its there.

TazMan2000
tazman2000 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #46
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
Just bumping Todd's thread, if anyone wants the Eagle Pod interior kit for the 22 inch Round Two model now may be your last opportunity. Trust me, I have one and it's great (image of what can be done below), and can be lit. It's available from Alex at Century Castings here... http://www.centurycastings.co.uk/148-eagle-interior-kit
There is a "Valentines Discount" on if you order before midnight...dont say I told you If you are in the USA you can order from Richard Lamer, the designer of the kit, and save the overseas postage

I really want to get the interior Eagle Passenger pod kit, however, I'm one of those 'picky' people or (rivet counters) that most people don't like. I looked at the pictures for the various interior parts and compared them to the screenshots of the pod interior and have noticed some inaccuracies. I can't scratch build or modify anything (I'm not that great and build straight out of the box). I was hoping that a mark 2 version might be made (I doubt it) that would fix the inaccuracies and would be spot on? Also, I have seen 2 builds using the interior kit and both times the main door is slid open by the door sliding rearward, which is incorrect, the main doors slide forward to open. I'm not sure if the interior kit is made to have the doors slide rearward or if it's up to the builder to chose to have them slide rearward or forward to open. (Do both doors slide open or just one?)

Last edited by Captain Sci-Fi; 20-04-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Tech_Designer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #47
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander
 
Captain Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Glos, UK
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Designer View Post
Also, I have seen 2 builds using the interior kit and both times the main door is slid open by the door sliding rearward, which is incorrect, the main doors slide forward to open. I'm not sure if the interior kit is made to have the doors slide rearward or if it's up to the builder to chose to have them slide rearward or forward to open. (Do both doors slide open or just one?)
Maybe it's a question of turning the pod around, in theory this would make the doors open in the opposite direction? This would fix at least one problem.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #48
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander
 
Captain Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Glos, UK
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectors House View Post
I'll post some pics prior to print.
Can't really do that until it's been previewed on the site.
Sorry
I have just heard that Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models magazine is ending it's print run with issue 45 (currently at the printers).

http://www.scififantasymodeller.co.u...sh/welcome.php

A sad day. Mike and Dave produced a fantastic go to magazine covering all aspects of Sci-Fi modelling and was produced to the highest standard. It will be sorely missed.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #49
Eureka
Forum Supporter
 
Eureka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: North West England
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sci-Fi View Post
I have just heard that Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models magazine is ending it's print run with issue 45 (currently at the printers).

http://www.scififantasymodeller.co.u...sh/welcome.php

A sad day. Mike and Dave produced a fantastic go to magazine covering all aspects of Sci-Fi modelling and was produced to the highest standard. It will be sorely missed.
My copy of issue 45 dropped through the door the other morning. It will be missed.
Eureka is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #50
Boldman
Astrophysics Technician
 
Boldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Designer View Post
I really want to get the interior Eagle Passenger pod kit, however, I'm one of those 'picky' people or (rivet counters) that most people don't like. I looked at the pictures for the various interior parts and compared them to the screenshots of the pod interior and have noticed some inaccuracies. I can't scratch build or modify anything (I'm not that great and build straight out of the box). I was hoping that a mark 2 version might be made (I doubt it) that would fix the inaccuracies and would be spot on? Also, I have seen 2 builds using the interior kit and both times the main door is slid open by the door sliding rearward, which is incorrect, the main doors slide forward to open. I'm not sure if the interior kit is made to have the doors slide rearward or if it's up to the builder to chose to have them slide rearward or forward to open. (Do both doors slide open or just one?)
The main problem you'll find is that like most TV/Movie sets, the interior will not fit into the model, so there is not going to be possible to have an accurate interior inside the kit.
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 21-04-2017, 02:16 AM   #51
Tech_Designer
Travel Tube Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Default

That is a major problem with the forward and rear Eagle sections, the interior set cannot possible fit in the exterior model as they are a thin corridor with a door stuck on the ends. It is possible to get the interior set of the passenger pod to fit into the exterior model (you might run into problems with the thickness of the 4 exterior walls and the doors).

They did get the interior to fit (with 3 errors might be due to height issues). The rear wall doesn't have the wall paneling on either side of the door, the table in front of the 2 sets of chairs is missing some details. The height issues (which could explain why there's not enough height inside) are: there's a thin silver vent/panel on top of the front and rear doors is missing and the rear section where the 4 seats and 2 tables are sunk down into the floor (1 step down), in the interior kit they are flush with the middle floor area. I can understand that the those 3 items can't be done because the height is too tall inside vs the outside. The missing rear wall detailing and missing hole slots (shelving) on the tables should have been done. I don't mind paying abit more $$ for an upgrade kit (mark 2).

Last edited by Tech_Designer; 21-04-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Tech_Designer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com