Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #21
RS1
Travel Tube Technician

Beautiful work on all the builds .
RS1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #22
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Quote:
The Firefly appeared in action in Terror in New York City and City of Fire (with the Mole). Also seen in the TB2 hangar in Cry Wolf. I believe the model ended up as a space vehicle in Dr Who, but not sure which story.
I'm maybe wrong but I think City of Fire is the only episode you see two different pod vehicles side by side to get a good comparison of sizes. The hangar scene in Cry Wolf I think just had a lot of pod vehicles lined up, and not necessarily in scale to each other.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #23
Known Space
Eagle Pilot

Thanks gentlemen. I am actually tempted to buy the DVDs but I'm currntly wading through series 1 and 2 of UFO. Those Anderson openings still get better with age (though Captain Scarlet remains one of the creepiest!). I loved the pods and their vehicles as a kid and still I think these are absolutely cracking as a man.
Known Space is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
I'm maybe wrong but I think City of Fire is the only episode you see two different pod vehicles side by side to get a good comparison of sizes. The hangar scene in Cry Wolf I think just had a lot of pod vehicles lined up, and not necessarily in scale to each other.

Keith
Most of the pod vehicle models seen in Cry Wolf are the same ones seen coming out of the pod in one episode or another, so theoretically they should be in scale with each other. Whether they're in constant scale with the puppets is another matter !

Another episode that features pod vehicles seen together is Pit of Peril.

It's also worth remembering that most of the vehicles use the same Vickers Vigor tractor base which gives some continuity of scale.
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #25
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Quote:
It's also worth remembering that most of the vehicles use the same Vickers Vigor tractor base which gives some continuity of scale.
I appreciate that, but the Transmitter Truck is most definitely not the same scale as the other vehicles which use the tractor base. They had to build a bigger pod so that it could get through the door, hence it is a smaller scale than the likes of the Mole.

Quote:
Another episode that features pod vehicles seen together is Pit of Peril.
Do you actually see the vehicles close enough together to judge relative sizes? In Cry Wolf the Mole actually stops right next to the Firefly to let Scott off.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #26
dukedexter
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Terrainean View Post
The Firefly appeared in action in Terror in New York City and City of Fire (with the Mole). I believe the model ended up as a space vehicle in Dr Who, but not sure which story.
It was 'Frontier In Space'. I think a small ship from "The Man Who Came Back' appears in the same story and the orange prototype plane from Joe 90 'Attack of the Tiger' ends up in 'Colony In Space'. I read somewhere the BBC took a load of the Century 21 models when the studio closed.
dukedexter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #27
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
I appreciate that, but the Transmitter Truck is most definitely not the same scale as the other vehicles which use the tractor base. They had to build a bigger pod so that it could get through the door, hence it is a smaller scale than the likes of the Mole.

Do you actually see the vehicles close enough together to judge relative sizes? In Cry Wolf the Mole actually stops right next to the Firefly to let Scott off.

Keith
Yep, you're right about the Transmitter Truck - that one must be a different scale. You do see the Mole together with the Recovery Vehicles in Pit of Peril though - certainly in the pod, and I think also by the side of the pit.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #28
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Quote:
I read somewhere the BBC took a load of the Century 21 models when the studio closed.
I think it was Ian Scoones who took them to the BBC.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #29
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Yes, I believe that's right - I think I also remember him saying that when he went down to the studios all the good stuff had gone - but where to ???
Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #30
Mike Delamar
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo;59467.

Do you actually see the vehicles close enough together to judge relative sizes?

Keith
Yeah you see the mole and the 2 recovery vehicles in the pod together,

love the models Mack,

was the excavator actually made? or was it a cartoon in the annual?

I do remember a small japanese kit of it, think it was imai, but never bought it as I never seen it in any episodes

cheers

Mike
Mike Delamar is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #31
mack29
Astrophysics Technician

The excavator was only ever featured in a comic strip in the annual,so why Imai decided to produce two kits of it a different scales is a mystery.
mack29 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote