SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Default Second 44" Eagle started

Hi guys

Finally started the second 44 Eagle build , this time i know where the trouble areas are so , should move along very quickly , i have the 4 cages assembled , and have completed one segment with the cross pipe work , last time i built these areas i built the cages as two unit and fitted the pipe work inbetween , but it was hard to solder the joints and get them even and inline , with each other , dont have to worry about the leg pods etc as i moulded two sets for this build ,lab pod ready to be moulded , i going to try and copy as much of Eagle 3 detail as possible , should have the cages all finshed by the end of this week , ready to start the spine , , in the mean time the pod legs have been fitted to the first 44 eagle 1 and justs needs weathering now photos up soon , will keep you posted as build goes on

Pete
seaview is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi Guys

Well these last few weeks have been very busy , building some vech's for a theme park , second Eagle is coming along boy you wouldn,t believe how easy soldering is the second time around , the cages are built , just the leg pod runner to do on these , the spine is in the jig , sides are complete cross members going in , along top side , this should be finished this weekend , to start engine section by mid next week ,i,m looking to have the whole model built by early summer , lab pod finshed ready to be moulded ,also spine booster ,ready to mould.

all the other parts CM , leg pods etc are , walkway s are from my own casting taken from the first eagle build ,pics soon

Pete
Old 20-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Lee S
Eagle Pilot

Have any pics of your build? Especially of your jigs for the cages.

Thanks,
L
Lee S is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
stingray48442
Exile

anyone wants cages built and spines contact me
stingray48442 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

This thread needs photos.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #6
steve zodiak
Travel Tube Technician

Desperately!
steve zodiak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi Guys
i have sent some photos of too Mike today so they should be up by today, some are of the first eagle build , with the fully working passenger pod legs fitted , the model just need weathering now and the last of the decals ,

the other photos show the the compleated spine for Eagle 3 thats now needs the clamps fitted sitting on top of the Lab pod , the cages are underneath next to the first Eagle , i'll be back on these tomorrow to fit the inner corridor tubes , these are the uprights that are on either side of the walkways , i'll take some photos of my jigs next time , you wil aslo see the CM and leg pods on the bench ,

Peter
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi guys

Just Heard from Mike Photos of second build should be up today , the build has moved on and i'll be taking more photos this week , engine section is near finished ,getting ready to join spine to cages , also there were some good ref phot of Eagle 3 that have been deleted ,does anyone know when they will be back on again ,from the links page.

also does anyone know how much Scatch built 44 Eagle sell for as if i get the right amount one of these beaut's will be up for sell , looking at the AB kit that just sold i think that was very cheap

Pete
Old 04-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

They've not been deleted. The search function is our friend.

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...ead.php?t=7931

In respect of value, it depends entirely on the level of finish as to how desirable the item is. Ebay is probably the best gauge as things generally sell there for their true market worth i.e. what someone is willing to pay. If you don't want to go the ebay route, you can always ask for bids here.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
FINALFRONTIERFRED
Alphan

I have to say, there really are some remarkable modelers in this forum; some of the intrinsic details on the models are awe inspiring.
FINALFRONTIERFRED is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi Guys

Cheers the photos were of Eagle 3 sitting on its main Bells , not the ones on the forum , they were under a link , that according to the page now explaines that the site was sold and is being revamped

Pete
Old 04-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
crowe-t
Astrophysics Technician

Here are some pictures Pete sent me.

]

Last edited by Captain Sci-Fi; 25-03-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: auto opening of links
crowe-t is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #13
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Was it these?

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/m...meagle3pt.html
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #14
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Eagles everywhere...

Hi Guys,

The first thing that strikes me is the new build looks to be a lot better in quality than your previous work Pete. The Lab pod moulding looks rather good

As DX-SFX says it is all about the level of finish. The picture of your Eagle under the workbench looks shiny and new, factory fresh. I think it would really benefit from a good dirtying down, nothing too heavy but lots of subtle shading would really make it pop.

Just for reference are you offering the whole thing or as parts?

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi Capt

Boys you know your stuff

Yeah the first Eagle build is Very Bright, i,m waiting to have the second at the same stage , as both will be weatherd down at Shepperton studios , by a mate who is an expect in this field, i normally do all my own weathering , what i call the Martin bower technic , Pencil , tape , etc but this babe needs some airbrush work and i dont really have that sort of area to do this sort of stuff, its bad enough waiting for good days to get out side to spray.

The second Eagle has without a doubt been far more easy to build on the frame work side , the finsh and standard on the soldering i think are very good on both models , but it has been easier second time around , knowing how far to keep the flame away from the brass etc , and keeping the brass clean , to ensure the solder runs sweet into the joints, a good note for anyone , if you are soldering the small parts like the engine tank supports,
wait until the gas bottle is getting near the stage of running out , the flame gets a lot smaller , and you can get right up close to the piece your are a bout to solder ,and get a good clean joint .

On the other side if you are using a fresh gas bottle , keep the flame well back as the heat builds up very quickly, or you will end up with a very burnt mess , you can get closer as the gas starts to be used up .

the First build has i think everything on it , working passenger pod feet , interia CM and passenger pod , Sprung leg pod legs , it will have also remote controlled lighting that will have the same key remote you use on your cars to open doors , but it will remotely turn on the lights ,as i didnt want large
switches on show, the second build will have the same expect , i need to find out , in the series , there are only so many Eagles Fitted with a Lazer gun

Is Eagle 3 one of them ? if so i will fit one like i did on Eagle 1, and that works great , i might even fit a small light to show the thing working , now why didnt i think of that back when i built the first one .
Capt
if i'm right you building Eagle 3 as well do you have any casting of the kit bashed areas i could purchase of you from the walk ways, as i stll need to either indentify them or scatch them

more photos uo soon as the build has moved on alot since these were taken
thankyou to Mike for putting up the photos ,and all you Readers for taking an intrest

Pete

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
healvis
Communications Officer

Fantastic looking build Pete, I for one would love to see some close-up shots of the engine area and pipework.
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Cheers

forgot to mention to Capt

all of the parts i have moulded are from my own patterns , CM , leg pods ,
Passenger pod, Walk ways , so like most of you other guys who have built 44 eagles , you prob have your own moulds , but to answer Capt question , yes if anyone wanted some parts i'll be happy to cast some up , also a big thanks yes the photos of Eagle 3 standing on its bells that the ones i was on about

Pete
Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
Alpha149
Forum Supporter

I would be interested in a Passenger Module. Do you have a price in mind yet?
Alpha149 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi

Passenger pod is moulded in one piece , its hollow glass fibre , it very light, and is very strong, because of the nasty undercut on the bottom edges , the return edge needs to be rebuilt in a thin piece of plastic card ,on both sides and then some car filler to pad out the inside , this may sounds like hard work but its a very easy job , given the time , as long as you have a power file , or a normal flate file , , the job takes a bout an hour , apart from that just a clean down with soapy water , and the normal prep work , also because of the lenght of the pod , glass fibre has a tendensy to pull down as it cures so a strip of w2ood is added to prvent this on the top inside and side walls , these can be cut out after , all left in to be able to screw the flloor in place , price is about 100, then shipping etc, also the doors can be cut out and sliding doors added like i did i mine, its also moulded in white
Old 07-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #20
MikeMercury
Astrophysics Technician

Would love to see some pics of the CM in close up if possible... And also do you have a price for a casting of it?
MikeMercury is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote