Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Anderson - Reference Section, Member Builds and Detailing > UFO > Shado mobile

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #81
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWGoode View Post
Back to Mobiles for a moment, great to see Sean on here finally, & may much be cleared up on the facts etc...I tried last March to get some facts posted that he'd passed along to me, but I think I was dismissed as delusional
If my list is wrong, PLEASE let me know and I will change it.

This list is for the benefit of anyone trying to build a Mobile model and hopefully when Sean starts making the bodies, a lot more people can build their own using the information in this forum.

Old 24-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #82
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsean@btinternet.com View Post

The colour of the Mobile IS Ford Arctic blue
Sean,
I cant find the post at the moment but you did say that Mike Trim and yourself had some paint mixed up for the mobile (Arctic blue),
If you have a reference number (paint code) or anything else we could quote to a paint supplier, I for one would be very grateful for any information so that they could mix it up for me

Side note:
When you are next talking to Mr Trim, please ask him to join the forum as his insight and help would be invaluable to us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWGoode View Post
Back to Mobiles for a moment, great to see Sean on here finally, & may much be cleared up on the facts etc...I tried last March to get some facts posted that he'd passed along to me, but I think I was dismissed as delusional

(yes, I am delusional but the Mobile stuff was all true!)

Sean---Don't forget to include more on things I learned from you like, the Mobile cabin is indeed vacuformed clear plastic, (heated up in hot oil no less, by Mike himself)
Suspension courtesy of foam from a sofa cushion, welding rods for axels & piano wire for the antenna....

And cheers to Astrocat (Keith) who I finally re-discovered here after loosing him over the years, & his awesome kit-spotting on the Mobile...
Anyway, cheers to all & Happy New Year!
John
John and Sean, please don’t get us (me) wrong.
If one “expert” tells us one thing and another “expert” tells us the opposite, we are all left in a state of limbo, , , until the truth comes out.
There is no big headedness or arrogant stance saying “I know everything”.
I am relying on others to give me help and keep me right in this process.
I only post these to help others in my position (enthusiastic amateurs) in finding their way to make models, by giving the information that I wanted so badly but could never find.
Please keep posting your information, I (we) are always very grateful
[ if you cant get piano wire, i have used normal "MIG" wire for aerials on my Mobile and Joe 90 truck]

Back to John again,
after checking on the http://www.culttvman.com/john_goode_...rol_mobil.html
Web page for the hundredth time with no joy, I still am looking for the second part of this very informative build.

John, if culttvman will not display the finishing part of your SHADO CONTROL Mobile build up, , , , , , , , please start a new thread here, with the missing “part two” of your build.
I have been looking forward to this for a very long time and would love to see the finished story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham N View Post
Just wanted to resurrect this thread.

Going to be pestering a few folk here who are expert in 'most things Mobile' in the near future and gathering as much info as I can before I attempt my own.

Graham
Hay Graham N, did you ever start your Moby build?
If so, how is it coming along?

Please all, take this post in the spirit it was written in, , , , , , , , , Friendly and very grateful
Old 26-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #83
JWGoode
Geological Technician

Oh, all right....Gads, the Utronics dish is still all ready for more, just was interrupted by not having the rest of the Mobile as made by David Merriman, who was supposed to produce a nice GRP kit...At the time that was the plan---I think he still will, just takes years to get around to it.. And yes Cultman takes up to six months or more to post builds. I have the front undercarriage about all figured out so will post some time.

In the mean time I will make my own Mobile master & then to task eventually & finish all. No guarantees on time! (I'm up to my eyeballs in 7 & 5 foot fully RC Seaview submarines, so that's another forum) AND I have to make a living, eat, sleep etc....

I only know stuff I was told by Mike & Sean, & I think just about all the juicy facts have been finally revealed here in the forum. Some of the work seen here of late is incredibly well done, so it looks like people are finally getting the info they need. Nice work!

More later,
John
JWGoode is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #84
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rab View Post
When you are next talking to Mr Trim, please ask him to join the forum as his insight and help would be invaluable to us all.
As far as I know, Mike isn't connected to the internet, so it might be a bit tricky for him to join the forum, but there has been discussion in the past of asking him to take part in a Q&A interview for forum members - it just hasn't happened yet ! Perhaps we should start a thread with potential questions ?
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #85
Graham N
Life Support Technician

[Hay Graham N, did you ever start your Moby build?
If so, how is it coming along?[/quote]

Hello Rab,

Good to see this thread given a bump.

Unfortunately no, I have not managed to progress with my Mobile beyond obtaining a set of TG wheels, tracks and axles.

Basically for me, it is a serious lack of time, the publisher I distribute for has been busy launching so many new titles this year and I am already miles behind with cataloguing so the Mobile has had to go on the back burner for now.

I do fully intend to make a start in the not too distant future - just a case of when that can happen.

Graham
Graham N is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #86
WhiteWolf McBride
Alphan

Default ShadoMobile body...

Guys, where do I get one of these bodies? I already have a Tiger Joe chassis, and was ~almost~ ready to sell it off to one of the DeSimone rebuilders (they use it for making 1/6 Joe tanks, halftracks, and amtracks.

And yea, I'm gonna independant-suspend all the roadwheels... like a tank chassis. Gonna try to see if a metal-box chassis (like Tamiya) or perhaps a rock-crawler-like tube-frame will do.

Have bookmarked the site, keep it up.

WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf McBride is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #87
JD
Medical Officer

As John has made his excellent plans available (and as I've just had the devil's own time finding this thread!), I thought I'd make this a 'sticky'!
JD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #88
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Tools

Thanks JD,

I will edit and post another updated list very soon.

Now we have so much of the detail and accurate plans we can all work from, the only big question left is. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . A reference number to take to Halfords for the correct shade of Ford Arctic Blue, so we can all buy it by the gallon

Anybody any ideas ????
Old 12-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #89
JWGoode
Geological Technician

Sean Robinson has a chip of this color, from D. Meddings...Someone could PM him?
John
JWGoode is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #90
FrankUFO
Geological Technician

MillerL
Anything Anderson goes here, so can't see it being problem here.
FrankUFO is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #91
Odahs
Astrophysics Technician

Just an observation from the JW Goode Plans regarding scale of the studio model which is debated earlier.

The plans show the length of the studio model at 20 inches.

I suspect that Dinky had a studio model to work from for their version and this may be a reliable link to the scale of the original studio models.

What is interesting is that the dinky is 5 9/16 inches long.

Dividing the measurements, the Studio model is around 3.6 times bigger than the Dinky.

So what you might say?

What's interesting is that if one assumes that the Studio Model is 1/12th scale as some have put forward, the Dinky comes out as very nearly exactly 1/43 scale. A common scale for diecasts to this day.

It suggests to me that Dinky were told the studio model was 1/12 th scale and had one to measure. They then arrived at the length of theirs at 1/43 as being 5 9/16 of inch . It seems way too much of a coincidence otherwise?
Odahs is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 10:53 PM   #92
psmith27616
Alphan

Are the mobile plans still available??
psmith27616 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote