Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 09-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #21
hugescale
Alphan

... and pictures of the Rescue Eagle and the VIP Eagle will follow soon.
Lets wait and see if the factory paint job can keep up with the paint job of the advertising model.
Looking at their last model with a factory paint job, the 19inch Hawk, I am very optimistic. The Hawks paint job is one of the best factory paint jobs I have seen up to today. If we will receive that quality in series production I will be very happy.
So far there are only 2 things I would like to be different: The "outlet-edge" of the nozzles from the attitude thrusters could be a more thin and the inserts of the main engine should be made removable. I have always preferred the more realistic look of the "clean nozzles" - as in the 1st episodes. Other than that, I think that we can look forward to a fantastic model.
hugescale is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 02:19 AM   #22
Herbert123
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifitodd View Post
These will never compare to the Rogue Studio's 44" eagles, each one was hand made and Lee is very meticulous in his work. Mass produced will never stand up to his work. Lee also had the plans to do the different version eagles but he was hindered every step he took, the copyright holders made him show every little step and they had to get their cut of the money which was very substantial. Until you've built one of those beautiful eagles you can't say it was too expensive, ask the guys who have built their 44's, parts usually come to $3000.00.............
Out of curiosity, who are the current copyright holders? Suppose I wanted to design and develop a Space 1999 licensed video game?
Herbert123 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 03:30 AM   #23
Scifitodd
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert123 View Post
Out of curiosity, who are the current copyright holders? Suppose I wanted to design and develop a Space 1999 licensed video game?
ITV in the U.K. and they don't do anything unless they make money!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scifitodd is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 03:49 AM   #24
Herbert123
Alphan

Thank you for the info.

In your experience, how protective are they of the Space 1999 IP? Are they open to fan games or garage kits of Eagles that are sold?
Herbert123 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #25
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

anyone pre order????
cerealkiller is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 31-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #26
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

I've pre-ordered a Rescue Eagle - paying in instalments.
Probably need to sell a lung, but I never forgave myself for not getting a 22" one.

I did ask about the spine and received this from Steve:
"The spine will have a steel sub structure – it won’t be going anywhere."

Hmm. Of course I'll need a perspex case.
Well, that's the other lung spoken for...

Phil.
pjskeldon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #27
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on the as yet unseen Heavy Weapon Combat Eagle...I have a feeling this is going to be really cool. My biggest fear is buying this with no track record of how these will turn out quality wise...
Old 03-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #28
hugescale
Alphan

Regarding quality, my hopes are pretty high.
Quality wise their 23inch Eagles and their 17inch Haws are very good. Especially their last product, the 17inch "orange" Hawk, has an excellent paint job. It is one of the best paint jobs I have seen so far on a commercial product. Their 23inch Eagles have a great paint job too. The only downside is that the different Eagle-variants have different main engines (painted, chrome etc.).

I am convinced that their 44inch Eagles will be great.
Up to today, the only two things I would like to be different are:
1.) No inserts in the main engines (or removable ones).
2.) Painting of the VIP pod as currently advertised (orange stripe on the side of the pod only) looks better for me than what they are planning for production (window area will also be painted orange.)

But these things are just my personal preferences. So no criticism here. Unless many other buyers think the same, it is OK for me.

Michael
Old 03-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #29
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugescale View Post
I have placed a preorder and I am looking forward to the finished eagles. What I have seen so far is awesome and I am full of anticipating joy.
For me the price seems more than fair.

Hopefully they will offer some extras in the future, like side boosters or the glider.

In the meantime, the only thing I would like to have changed are the inserts in the main engine bells. I prefer the clean (in my opinion more realistic) look of the engine bells without those inserts. (According to my information, the inserts have been added during season one to make the eagle look more interesting from behind. So it would still be authentic.) Due to the bells being made of aluminum, it should be possible to remove them without damaging the bells.
What do you think? Which version do you prefer?

Michael
Congrats Michael! I am very envious.... what Eagle did you decide upon? .....or did you get more than one???

Last edited by cerealkiller; 04-09-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #30
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjskeldon View Post
I've pre-ordered a Rescue Eagle - paying in instalments.
Probably need to sell a lung, but I never forgave myself for not getting a 22" one.

I did ask about the spine and received this from Steve:
"The spine will have a steel sub structure – it won’t be going anywhere."

Hmm. Of course I'll need a perspex case.
Well, that's the other lung spoken for...

Phil.
Congrats Phil, just curious as to how you made your choice, were you torn between other versions? I am putting a budget together for 1(combat I think) , I hope I can swing it.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #31
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

My choice - I've always loved the vivid red and white stripes of the Rescue Eagle. As I'll only be able to afford one, that had to be the one. Didn't even consider the others.

However, I would be interested in a similarly scaled Hawk.

Sad that the announced large scale Eagle beak tank isn't the one I was thinking of. Won't be ordering that one.

Phil.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #32
fredlight
Computer Technician

Received today :
Dear Collector
We are very excited to premier our NEW teaser videos for two of our forthcoming STUDIO SCALE EAGLE TRANSPORTERS:
44inch STUDIO SCALE EAGLE ONE
http://www.sixteen12.com/s1999_eagle.html
44inch STUDIO SCALE RESCUE EAGLE – 4 now available!
http://www.sixteen12.com/s1999_rescue.html
(Remember to refresh your page / clear your cache memory)
We would like to say a big “THANK YOU” to our friends Todd Morton and Gordon Moriguchi.
EXCITING PREVIEW OF RETRO DIE CAST EAGLE!
Tomorrow we will be releasing first images of our forthcoming DIE CAST RETRO EAGLE TRANSPORTER. Keep an eye on our website for all updates:
http://www.sixteen12.com/index_2.html
Daryl Davies
Studio Manager
fredlight is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #33
hugescale
Alphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
Congrats Michael! I am very envious.... what Eagle did you decide upon? .....or did you get more than one???
I always wanted to have Eagles with the standard pod and the lab pod. When I saw the VIP pod I was not able to resist either.
Sure, it is a lot of money, and I am happy that it is possible for me to save it over an accaptable period of time. (I have hoped far longer for such an opportunity.) So I decided to keep on driving my old small car and I skipped some vacation trips.

Michael
Old 09-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #34
hugescale
Alphan

Quote:
Sad that the announced large scale Eagle beak tank isn't the one I was thinking of. Won't be ordering that one.
At first, they have just put the pictures of the tank on the wrong page. They are now on the page with the 12inch die cast eagle Laser Tanks. I am sure, that the large scale Eagle beak tank will be the one we are expecting.

Michael
Old 28-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #35
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

After months and months of debating I have inquired with Sixteen 12 about the Heavy Weapon Combat Eagle. I did ask about the possibility of an 18 month payment. It's a long shot but this is no joke price wise with the exchange rate. 2,850 GBP =3,828 USD...assuming it is the same price as the Lab Eagle.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #36
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

Put my name on the pre order list for Studio Scale Heavy Weapons Eagle, Hanger, Booster and Moon Buggy sets. I just can not pass this set up. Anyone think they will meet November release date for the Eagle 1?
Old 12-10-2017, 06:26 AM   #37
cerealkiller
Forum Supporter

Quote:
My choice - I've always loved the vivid red and white stripes of the Rescue Eagle. As I'll only be able to afford one, that had to be the one. Didn't even consider the others.

However, I would be interested in a similarly scaled Hawk.

Phil.

Hello Phil,

Any word on if they will make the ship date for your Studio Rescue Eagle? I am hoping you may post pictures and your opinions. This product line is the most excited I have been about a collectible. I am on the list for the Studio Heavy Weapons Combat Eagle.

Best Regards,

John M
Old 13-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #38
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

I think I'll stick with the diecasts and R2 Eagles.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #39
Boldman
Eagle Pilot

Agreed, I can build a much better model of an Eagle from a Round2 kit than these guys can make a diecast, plus I get the pleasure of building it!
Boldman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #40
pjskeldon
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
Hello Phil,

Any word on if they will make the ship date for your Studio Rescue Eagle? I am hoping you may post pictures and your opinions. This product line is the most excited I have been about a collectible. I am on the list for the Studio Heavy Weapons Combat Eagle.

Best Regards,

John M
They're still taking instalments from me, the most recent a few days ago, although it doesn't seem to be a regular date - it's slipping by a few days each month.
To be honest, I'm relaxed about it. It gives me more time to pay.

My last payment will be in about 8 months time, so don't hold your breath.

Happy to post pictures, but I suspect others will have theirs before me.

Phil