Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
w8cmp
Science Officer

Default Sector 25 Convention - An appeal from the organisers

This was posted on various Anderson related forums...a heads up for those attending the Sector 25 con this October...

Hi Folks,

Firstly, apologies for duplication of messages across various lists as I am trying to reach as many fans as possible.

I am organising a series of workshops and discussion panels at the Fanderson convention, Sector 25 which is being held in October 2006. See http://www.fanderson.org.uk/s25p1.html for more details of the con.

I would like to have a panel of at least three people for each discussion session and the panels may include con guests, but will mainly consist of attendees who are willing to make their views known and not object if not everyone agrees with them!. Hopefully the discussion will include the audience as well!

If you attended the last con, the discussion between Phil Ford (New Captain Scarlet scriptwriter), Stephen Baxter (SF author) and Chris Bentley (author and Chair of Fanderson) was an excellent example of what I am trying to achieve.

The reason for this email is that I could really do with some help in thinking up topics for discussions and volunteers to be on the panels. Are you attending the con and would you be willing to be on the panel of a discussion? Do you have a burning issue which you would love to discuss with fellow fans? Even if you don't want to be on a panel, if you have an idea for a topic, let me know.

Examples of topics which I have already considered include:

Working for Alan Fennell. Mike Noble and Graham Bleathman compare notes on working on the Anderson Comics in the 60s and 90s.
Plot Holes you could drive an SPV through.
Collecting. The differences between collecting merchandise now and in the early 80s.
Thunderbirds: 21st century myth or reality?
Could SHADO really exist?

I am also thinking about various panel games which could be played e.g. Call my Bluff, name that tune.

I was also thinking about providing a room and time (probably 1 hour) for groups to meet in as well as being able to publicise web sites and groups which promote fan communications. Let me know if you are interested and we can work out what format this will take.

I would also like to run workshops. Do you have a skill which you would be willing to share e.g. writing, model making, puppetry, costuming?

As you can see, I really need ideas and willing volunteers. Mind you, I think that my husband and friends will tell you that you don't need to be willing or a volunteer to end up doing programme items for me. :-)

Please contact me directly if you are happy to participate. Please email the list or board if you have suggestions for topics as this might stimulate more discussions.

Please also feel free to copy this message to other lists or discussion boards.

Hopefully this will result in a lot of laughter and interesting times at Sector 25.

Katie

Katie Bleathman
katie.bleathman@blueyonder.co.uk
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Now that does sound interesting, it looks like Fanderson are getting organised and putting some thought and effort into making the 25th Anniversary one to remember.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
w8cmp
Science Officer

How about a discussion panel on the original Eagle models...I'm thinking DX and Mark 42 for starters...

Just thinking out loud here

Chris
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I bet we can't have a panel discussing the sexy babes of UFO/Space 1999 etc can we, or can we.......

Or do I need to stop dreaming and keep this serious.

OK then serious it is, how about a panel discussing the Classic Captain Scarlet series vs the New Captain Scarlet CGI series, being as the con will have Francis Mathews as well as some of the new series voice cast/writers et al.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote