Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Battlestar Galactica

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
starlord
Astrophysics Technician

Default Galactica blueprints from the 80's

I was digging into a box of old stuff that has been packed away for many years. And I found something that can no longer be found! I's a set that was sold back in the 80's. It's a full set of plans for the Battlestar Galactica.
starlord is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Didn't even know they made a set? Are they a licensed product? Who published them?
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Is it the set in the plastic wallet like this photo?

If it is, they don't actually have the "Galactica" plans in them. The plans that are in the plastic wallet, show things like the main bridge, Viper and Raider and about three other things (if memory serves my correctly).

If this is not the same ones, please tell us more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galactica plans.jpg (96.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 25-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
steve36uk
Communications Officer

Some of these are reproduced on the Galactica TV site-taken from the sets NOT the miniatures so may contain inaccuracies but even so I think they stand up pretty well.
steve36uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
steve36uk
Communications Officer

Actually between the Viper plans and the Mock up pics you could build your own full size one-just need 29' of garden.........
steve36uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 25-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
starlord
Astrophysics Technician

that's them, I stuck them in a pile of paperwork so I've got to dig them out again, never had looked at them, they where along with my starfleet packet of ship plans. so I've got to find them again and set them all where I have to read to read.

I found them, I had moved them to another place to save them and I had a fast look into the folder, they are as good as the day I got them, so they've not been hit by water or anything else. They are as good as brand new. So tonight I'll looked at them real good and see what i in the folder.

After almost 30+ years, I open the set and looked at what was there. I'm sorry to say that the plans for the whole battlestar are not in them. I someone going to build a viper, they have good data on them, then even have some data on the cylon radier, and they show a set of plans for the control set of the galactica itself. but they left out at lest 90% of the rest of the ship. I got them at a S.T. con back in the mid 80's and until tonight I had never open them. Oh, they where marketed by Universal city studios,Inc.
starlord is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote